Black People : What About The Hood?

May eye just add that historically when Afrikans 'prospered' ...is when they did for self! Self determined, self healing, US not ME ... Black WallStreet springs to mind ....we have learned those lessons/experience .....

and so we rise ....

Peace

May eye just add that historically when Afrikans 'prospered' ...is when they did for self! Self determined, self healing, US not ME ... Black WallStreet springs to mind ....we have learned those lessons/experience .....

and so we rise ....

Peace

I dont intend to be diagreeable but I wonder how many of US have actually "learned those lessons/experiences". I wonder this because every discussion or mention to Black Wallstreet actually speaks to the devastation the area experiences with virtually no mention of how Greenwood was rebuilt within 5 years. Furthermore, most articles on Greenwood talk about how it was "patterned after Durham, North Carolina but...Many Tuls residents )some of my own Family included) actually had migrated from Boley, Oklahoma (I still got folks today in Stroud not far from Tulsa).

http://www.aaregistry.com/detail.php?id=2054

Greenwood was a larger community as Boley was a "township" but Boley actually provided the actual model and after the race riot in 1921 some families actually returned to Boley and re-established their businesses.

The key to the success of Greenwood, Boley and Durham is in the community "mobilizing its resources" and it their lessons were really learned then this discussion today would not be concerning WHAT but HOW.

The distinction can not be underemphasized.

Those who ask WHAT typically have no PLAN and are asking questions which may or may not lead to solutions.

Those who ask HOW typically have a PLAN and are developing strategies and tactics for programmatic implementation.

These are two distinct and qualitatively different modalities of Though and Action.

Peace

Bro. OM, just when I thought you gave us enough to admire you for you come up with some else. You are one of the most developing Brothas on Destee, a great example to those of us that believe we stop growing, learning and evolving. You talk the talk and now you walk the walk! I know there are those who often challenge your experience and judgment - but what can you say to a Black Man helping the community!!!!

I would love to hear what you will say under the thread
Would You Be a Better President?

Bro. OM, just when I thought you gave us enough to admire you for you come up with some else. You are one of the most developing Brothas on Destee, a great example to those of us that believe we stop growing, learning and evolving. You talk the talk and now you walk the walk! I know there are those who often challenge your experience and judgment - but what can you say to a Black Man helping the community!!!!

I would love to hear what you will say under the thread
Would You Be a Better President?

Thanks for the props Brother Meta but I been doing that walk for quite some time. Its just a matter now of narrowing down focus and doing some more effective "Rootwork" and rooting out some weeds and breaking off some unproductive branches which have been hindering my own growth and development. And believe me, it ain't been easy.

While some folks are invested in "dead Presidents" I'm working on market expansion into areas of the Community the "revolutionaries" have long vacated for safer havens in the ivory towers and suburbia.

Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back