Black Education / Schools : What’s Lost When Black Children Are Socialized Into a White World

I cannot believe a Black mother is upset that her son has been reprimanded for not taking off the hoodie portion of his garment in class.

Does she allow her son to do the same at home if there are guests? In a structure used for worship or remembrances? Then she is lacking in readying her children for a world where rules are often enforced.

I don't think she wants her son to be taking his hoodie off in a police station. Why does this mother oppose removing any non-religious head gear in an institution of learning? It's a hoodie that covers the head.

It can be pulled from the head inside a building.

You have to know Pittsburg California and the community mix of races. The other children bring ostracized attitudes and constantly make others feel unwelcome. If someone is suffering from low self esteem the cover of a hoodie feels comfortable. Society not caring that these pressures exist among citizens and peer pressure being what it is. Will cause otherwise good mannered children, young adults as well as older adults to yell out, not feel comfortable. Be frustrated etc.

When feeling attacked. The reaction of aggressive defenses acting uncooperative, exhibiting behaviors that others immediately deem unacceptable can materialize. Then too others will attempt to try others. To satisfy their own shortcomings.

I raised my children to understand these challenges and to turn them away. Not allow peer pressure to dictate anything they do, don't do and participate in. Teach the children this. A bully bullies certain people because they are threatened by them in some manner. In reality there is a quality something about that other child they like or admire. I handled all my bullies in that manner.

I told my bullies and others within listening distance.
If you have all this time to bother me. What is it? You like me don't you? Well everyone hearing that. Shuts down bullying, peer pressure and intimidation immediately.

I cannot believe a Black mother is upset that her son has been reprimanded for not taking off the hoodie portion of his garment in class.

Does she allow her son to do the same at home if there are guests? In a structure used for worship or remembrances? Then she is lacking in readying her children for a world where rules are often enforced.

I don't think she wants her son to be taking his hoodie off in a police station. Why does this mother oppose removing any non-religious head gear in an institution of learning? It's a hoodie that covers the head.

It can be pulled from the head inside a building.
That is no friggin' excuse for refusing to take down a hoodie inside a classroom.

Not all children are bold or can stand up to bullying.

You missed the point of the question and the article. "What is lost when Black children are socialized into a white world?"

It isn't a question of where he wears his hoodie. The question is what identity is lost when our children becomes integrated (indoctrinated) to the ticky tacky cookie cutter vapid white world view.
Why fixate on the hoodie at all? Is the young man learning whatever white washed lesson plan is being taught to him ( indoctrinated into him)? Maybe the hoodie just makes him feel comfortable, maybe it helps him focus, maybe a lot of personal reasons. Who cares? It only becomes a source of contention if an adult makes it so. It ain't no big thang.
What is it he'll hear next, I don't like your do.

"What is lost when Black children are socialized into a white world?"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back