Black People : We've Been Reduced to Being Spectators of our Own Lives

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Aug 2, 2011.

1. HODEE

HODEE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +933
    Sister Proverbs31Woman
    Needing a break is real.
    Taking a break from reality is not all good. When you look again or wake up the next day rent is still daunting and due. Drinking to relax, but that response and means of coping lead more folks to drugs and alcohol. Football all weekend is a distraction. I know guys that do all weekend...48 hours eaten away never to be available again. The game announcer is being proactive and being paid, the players too. The razzle dazzle...of the magician is meant to distract and it does.
    Looking at reality, we dont do that well. An honest look is scary to see. An honest look at some things that are happening in this world can cause heart ache... so we glance it. Speak out on it, in frustration maybe. Without actually looking squarely at its magnitude. It may not be as big as it first appeared. A solution cant come to mind unless the issue is studied and analyzed. a solution, or partial solution may pop in mind to get over that hump. Things are glanced at instead of studied. Look at LIFE in all of its horror and splendor. It can be dealt with, or seen better in order to be dissected into parts because as a whole even a big sandwich will turn people away. If looked at that will spur a person to action, because the scary movie of reality and life has to be dealt with.
    A old friend stated to me...I utilize the white man to buy my stuff and should be buying Black. First I looked around for Black businesses. There are no Blacks selling at that time what I was buying.

So I resorted to my norm...get what I need, and utilize what's it in front of me...until I get what I want. If I do see that I can buy Black as many suggest, I do. There is the BBQ joint, the Barbershop... etc not a large list.

This Brother even criticized me on something and end up doing what he criticized me on. Using all of my research and ideas to put the plan together. That is hypocritical. Imagine me bobo the fool...I haven't called him on it. We dont collaborate like we used to either.

Like an ostrich burying heads in the sand. We cant be the best at this head burying, while the rest of the world around us move further ahead. In education, skill, and opportunity.

2. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Good questions gorgeous! The reason the state of affairs that you questioned exist, is because so many of our people have been brainwashed too believe, that we are destined too be the servants of foreigners, especially Europeans!!! When you rob a people of the knowledge of their history/culture, you rob them of what they did before they were enslaved. and colonialized. You rob them of their self-confidence, self-esteem, self-image, self-respect etc., and thereby break their spirit. They become content too let their oppressors think and do for them, and then complain about the results. And not just the lower class blacks, the middle and upper middle class blacks are just as bad if not worse! You would think that with all of the degrees they have they would know better. But if they truly knew better they would do better don't you think?

3. sekou kasimu

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    How's this for a solution? Starting premise: We are Afrikans, we have no friends outside the race, and we have too save ourselves! There is no solution outside of PanAfrikanism, none, nada!!! Integration was a miserable failure and the civil rights icons are overrated. Reparations and Separation in this country are the only solutions! We need to build and maintain little Afrikas wherever we are in the majority in this county. Autonomy is the endgame!!! Forget about integration. It ain't gonna happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +933
    Will it be another . Year? Will there be stunned minds for next four years?
    We are tired of more spectating.

I will and I hope to participate if there be more participation.

2017 can be a year of self inclusion and less confusion.
    Real Freedom can be achieved.

We were and have our hope held hostage. Hope is more than an expectation. Yet while it is. It is a great motivator when action is provided to the ingredient.
    Will I meet many of you and while we collaborate in the fashion we should. Not only make 2017 the kickoff but discuss and understand as it's done in a manner contructed to law. It becomes even more positive and productive.

For instance meeting as a business or social collective under one banner. Allows deferred cost. This site celebrates this year 20 years of collaborative energy. How far can we take it? Help make it? Continue to create for ourselves this home. I see on page and off page. The dream is yours?

5. 103 ao kiji

103 ao kiji Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +88
    Good good, these are the kinds of things you gotta ask yourself, the reason things are the way they are, is because people are scared to take action, they will sit by and just accept things, I try to keep a positive mind and shrug off the negative energy, but it's hard not to feel contempt for people, one dude even told me slavery was over, all that stuff was in the past, I know calling em fools. And cowards. Is wrong, but I just can't help but be disappointed, a young blood like me has to educate himself since no one else will

6. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +933
    Great post Destee
    Delusional behavior is blaming someone and thinking they are setting you up.
    This post ask the question. Are we spectators? We are if we continue to only point at the issues. Call out the perpetrator by generic terms (the man) and never work to become active living participates in our survival.

7. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +933
    I so agree that we have to watch the local crooks.

8. sekou kasimu

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    If you really want to know you must read our history and great thinkers like Malcolm X and Marcus Garvey! It ain't rocket science. Our problem is many of us are mentally lazy and afraid to read. Reading will explode the adage that ignorance is bliss!