Black People : We've Been Reduced to Being Spectators of our Own Lives

I know Ive said this before, but I will always say it. Most of us who criticize Obama, dont even know the names and numbers of our local alderman/councilperson, ward or district leaders, state rep, senators or even mayor. They are ones I watch. These individuals have more of an impact on your daily lives than Barack Obama, but yet the whole blame gets placed on Obama. You think Obama's evil? Look at some of the actions of these crooks. Right under your noses.

Meanwhile, your local school board decides to de-fund another afterschool program and your councilpeople vote to "eminent domain" a entire row of elder's homes and raise property taxes. Again.

Problem as I see it, as Destee said, we are spectators watching the World Championships that we never get to participate in. Criticizing players we will never play with. But if we signed up for the small neighborhood team, we would see how hard it is to stay in the game, and might even get some playing time.

We need to turn the telescope around, look and analyze these local thieves and crooks. Reduce it from the macro to the micro.
We always look to the figurehead to blame. But its some of the local behind the scenes playas that who really make decisions that affect your day to day existence.

(stepping offa the soapbox....Thank you for your time. Enjoy the days.)

I know Ive said this before, but I will always say it. Most of us who criticize Obama, dont even know the names and numbers of our local alderman/councilperson, ward or district leaders, state rep, senators or even mayor. They are ones I watch. These individuals have more of an impact on your daily lives than Barack Obama, but yet the whole blame gets placed on Obama. You think Obama's evil? Look at some of the actions of these crooks. Right under your noses.

Meanwhile, your local school board decides to de-fund another afterschool program and your councilpeople vote to "eminent domain" a entire row of elder's homes and raise property taxes. Again.

Problem as I see it, as Destee said, we are spectators watching the World Championships that we never get to participate in. Criticizing players we will never play with. But if we signed up for the small neighborhood team, we would see how hard it is to stay in the game, and might even get some playing time.

We need to turn the telescope around, look and analyze these local thieves and crooks. Reduce it from the macro to the micro.
We always look to the figurehead to blame. But its some of the local behind the scenes playas that who really make decisions that affect your day to day existence.

(stepping offa the soapbox....Thank you for your time. Enjoy the days.)
What nation do you live in brother, to tell African Americans what to do?

What do you think Dr King would have to say about the presidents action in the past 3 years?, or Malcolm X?

You know i thought that after 8 years of folks like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Oreilly, making blanket statements about folks who criticized the president then,
that kind of stuff would end now but apparantly some folks desire to use emotions over reason and follow the white man's lead.

Have you worked with the NOI?
Have you worked with or marched with Al Sharpton?
Have you worked with Sony Carson?
When is the last time you talked to your local officials?
Have you sat at a class given by Dr Clarke or Amos Wilson?
How many folks have you registered to vote?
Have you worked in a soup kitchen?
or given job applications and counceling to ex offendors?

So lets look at this like adults if that is possible;

The only folks here that are posting the actions of the president, actions that some do not desire to look t, like voters would in a democracy, are folks who are active in their community, and in fact if one has spoken to ones city council person, they will tell you thely feel neglected by Obama for siding with the right wing
If one speaks to ones state senate they say where is the prominsed bail out money from Washington that fgoos got but the community did not

Are you looking at what the entire Black caucus is telling the president and demanding but seem to get a deaf ear?

Have you even bothered to look at the recent comments by congressman John Conyers about Obamas wars and corporate favoritism?
Or any congressman at all?

The ones who cheer this man on like this is some kinda hip hop show or sporting event,
lets be clear, how many of them are aware of politics, civics, and political science?

And how many are now playing the race card by covering for one man and neglecting the Black community?

So for all of the cheerleaders, where are their concerns for Black nationalaism or black politics, made public?where are thier concerns for the 15 major issues the black community must endure in pain and anguish?where are those posts?where are the brainstorming posts about actual solutions?

In all due respect, Brotha Ankhur....I live in Philadelphia, PA. Why do you keep asking me this? No, I dont live in Europe and Im not white.

Calm down, dude. LOL. You have your advantage here cause you are older than me. And Im not even gonna go over all that other stuff. But I have done some of the things you mentioned.

No, I never sat with Al Sharpton, Dr. King or Dr.Clarke or Dr. Wilson, Frederick Douglass, etc.... But I dont think that disqualifies me from having an opinion, or working within my own community. Just one more example of how some elders attempt to disqualify those younger than them, because they didnt do things their way, or wasnt born during THEIR time. You've done this before, Ankhur....so I guess that's your m.o.

Posts about solutions? Its been done ad infinitum, mostly by you. I dont even bother. Ive got nothing to prove here. Too time consuming to dig thru posts. Im not a internet advocate or revolutionary. We can "type solutions" and play "battle links" all day, but Im just a more direct involvement type of person. That's just me.

I just do what I do in the real world. Sorry if my post offended you that much, but but you really need to chill.

I am not your enemy.

we are not all spectators, I rule my life, and most of what I participate in.

I also have the right to be critical of Obama when he makes poor choices. He has been put in a position of power over all of us. There for he needs to care for the U.S citizens and not just corporate America.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back