Black People : We've Been Reduced to Being Spectators of our Own Lives

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,025

2. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +549
    (snickers)....Like all your posts consistently challenging others for solutions and endless drivel based your perspectives is politically correct and filled with grace and good manners. I dont even post half as much as you do, and here we are. Battling over my opinion.

Who did I spit on? Let the members of Destee speak for themselves. You? The Great Wise Defender of Destee? Bro. Ankhur. Banned 19 times? I think Ive seen you fight with just about everyone on here, beloved. I aint wanna go there, but you bought dat. Only one beefin here is you, Ankhur.

(putting my watch and shirt back on)....Anyway, back to the topic.

I am not your enemy. Peace.

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,025
    so brther Abstract, you actaualy believe that anyone who exercises their constitutional right to say something about the president or his polices that you do notapprove of is politicaly illiterate??

We went through 8 years of Rush Lmbaugh sayng those kinds of blanket statements any time some one said anything about Bush, he didnt like.

So brther have you heard of the Black Caucus, or even bothered to read wa they have to say about this bill Obama passed?
    Better yet, have you checked with your local Black politicians to find out what their opinions are?

You may be shocked!!!! becuase my congresswoman Yvette Clarke was not pleased at all, neither was John Conyers, Maxine Waters, or Charles Rangel

and their comments will be posted in the morning

4. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +549
    I dont "actually" believe any of that. That's your assumption.
    My comments were in a generalized, not directed at anyone here. Post what you choose, and I will do the same.

Ive been advised to let you go thru your lies, assumptions and your accusations and end my part in this.

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,025
    ""I know Ive said this before, but I will always say it. Most of us who criticize Obama, dont even know the names and numbers of our local alderman/councilperson, ward or district leaders, state rep, senators or even mayor"""

what lies brother?, we are adults here so it might be good to drink some nice cold cucumber juice becuase it lowers the blood pressure, and with this hot weather, it is said to help cool one off>
    Now since this is your statement and it is an insult to the elected officials who do have a problem with the main subject at hand which is the bill,
    and the main reason why, the president has been brought up in the past week;
    This is from a few folks who know about polltics maybe more then us here

Conyers denounces debt deal as bad for working class

By Eartha Jane Melzer | 08.02.11 | 3:38 pm

Americans will come to regret the Budget Control Act passed by Congress yesterday, U.S. Rep. John Conyers (D-Detroit) said, because it cuts billions from crucial domestic programswhile failing to close tax loopholes for corporations. In a Monday evening statement Conyers said:
    I strongly oppose this legislation. The Budget Control Act compromises our basic commitment to provide assistance to the most vulnerable members of society. It invests too much power in the hands of a special congressional committee. It excludes revenue raising measures and does not close loopholes exploited by tax-evading corporations. It offers scant protection for the poor and working families who rely on Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. Specifically the legislation:
    Excludes revenues. While making drastic cuts to programs vital to working families, the legislation does nothing to close corporate tax loopholes or corporate subsidies, such as those provided to large oil companies, billionaire hedge fund managers, and corporate jet owners.·
    Cuts billions of dollars to crucial domestic programs. The legislation puts programs on the chopping block that working Americans rely upon in areas such as healthcare, education, and transportation.
    Eliminates Federal Direct Stafford loans for graduate students. At a time when we should be training the next generation of doctors, engineers, and innovators, this legislation will make it more difficult for Americans to obtain advanced degrees. This will harm American competitiveness and cost jobs. ·

http://michiganmessenger.com/51387/conyers-denounces-debt-deal-as-bad-for-working-class

This is what the sister I voted for, who has the interest of the Black community had to say about this;

U.S. Rep. Yvette Clarke, D-Brooklyn,
    said she has voted twice this month to lift the debt ceiling, but that the bill voted on yesterday was not a “balanced approach.”
    “It provides no sense of shared sacrifices and it does not address revenues, a key component required to achieve economic stability and to reduce our nation’s deficit,” she said. “The legislation makes spending cuts, which is ultimately at the expense of our working poor and middle class, while asking nothing of the wealthiest Americans.”
    The U.S. Senate is expected to vote around noon today on the bill ahead of tonight’s midnight deadline in order to prevent a potential national default. It would then go before President Barack Obama for approval.
    http://douglaston.patch.com/articles/congress-members-representing-queens-blast-debt-deal

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +941
    This deserves be Bumped...I return to comment.

Destee this was eloquently stated and laid out by you. :computer::goodpost:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  7. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,682
    Good call bro:

And let's do share our thoughts on this particular topic again posters!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,496
    Thank you Brothers HODEE and chuck

This was nice to read over again ... almost got hot up in here ... :)

YAAAAAY Us!

:heart:

Destee

9. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,682
    I'm truly flattered by your comments to me too!!

10. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +941

Written in 2011 Destee You touched on something many of us actually know, feel. We don’t say it because it may not come as eloquently, and may be negative not reflective and one could easily without unknowingly attacking of our race. Unlike you… how wrote this makes a world of difference. It is written as if you were simply holding up a mirror so we could reflect a bit.

This first statement sums truth undeniable.

We spend lots of time talking about the decisions others make in our lives.

We will fight for our right to do this, arm chair quarterback our own lives, as if that is the goal ... the highest height and deepest depth. We act like we're really doing something, talking about other folk who make all the decisions...
    • What is wrong with us?
    • Why is it someone else's job to make the hard decisions, and fix our problems?
    • Why do we sit around and talk about these folk, who are not doing, when we could do?
    Hopefully what I wrote below sheds something related to these three questions.

Well it is always easier to attack someone you feel you know, have access to rather than having to write congress, make a phone call or get out of the easy lazy boy chair that may be firmly planted. Commenting arm chair quarterbacking is starting to measure up in my opinion as HUMAN NATURE.

So we haven’t cornered the market on this. Just that we could be more proactive in issues affecting us.

It is our job to do for ourselves as much as anyone else.

If you pay for a service like trash pick up. Thn someone MUST do for you. Since wed do pay taxes..and congress uses those to run the country,, do we get ours by being more proactive. or what?

• We want to taken seriously!
    • Are we a serious people, sometimes...but I see.
    • If you came to me and I was white. I wouldn't take you serious as a people because you don't respect each other ... why should I respect you?
    Back to Black.. hodee
    That seed alone could spark, hope, growth, community support for each other and the list goes on.

I sort of put it like this. GOD will and does bless each and every one of us, all the time.

Now I also say… but he can’t come down here in his awesome splendor and power and enroll you in school… with a trade. He can’t come down and open the front door so you can go out get more involved in local issues, actually helping by organizing with other interested, like minded people to group up and clear an abandoned lot of debris. Calling the city that has to pick it up… because your tax dollars pay for bulk pickup of trash. The city has to come get that mess you put on the curb.

He won’t knock on the door and hand you a pay check either… so you have to be proactive and he will… you will be blessed. By you going outside, the right people you encounter, people are placed in your life to help. They come with information, and more. Until a person clears the plate of bountiful possession’s and worldly goods we each have... like time, money, extra food etc…giving time if not food to someone else whom to is GODS children… ( give and you shall receive ) that is how it works… also GOD helps those that help themselves. True…

Are Blacks mad? The talk of us being the true Hebrews… you know the story and the story says… we have to come back. Is that the story? Then come home.

He can’t and you will not receive more abundance. Some of you know what I mean by this… some believe religion is a crook. That's all good.

Before falling right into the discussion. Is that person out there cleaning up the neighborhood… go help them.

The religious differences should not bog down the cooperation. The brotherhood we all should have with and for each other.

This goes too… in SUPPORT. If you have it, the time, money or food… helps. take for instance ten dollars a month to support this site. That is all I have right now.
    But come January 1… I hope to pay for a complete year. Because I know I am a blessed man, I will be blessed to support more.

• Respectful Respectful x 1
    • List