Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Hitting close to home:

"The City of Dallas is experiencing a widespread outbreak of mosquito-borne West Nile virus and has caused and appears likely to continue to cause widespread and severe illness and loss of life," Mayor Michael Rawlings said in the proclamation of emergency that takes effect Wednesday.

West Nile virus kills 17 in Texas, sickens hundreds

photo_1345046155341-2-0.jpg

Mosquitos are seen inside a trap in June 2012. The US state of Texas is battling an outbreak of the West Nile virus, with at least 17 deaths being blamed on the mosquito-borne disease, authorities said. (AFP Photo/Justin Sullivan)

The US state of Texas is battling an outbreak of the West Nile virus, with 17 deaths being blamed on the mosquito-borne disease, authorities said Wednesday.
Throughout the state, 381 people have been sickened since the start of the year, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
"Texas is on track to have the most cases of West Nile illness since the disease first emerged in the state in 2002," it said in a statement.
http://news.yahoo.com/west-nile-virus-kills-16-texas-sickens-hundreds-160247585.html

Peace In,

... Let's hope this doesn't move beyond the endemic phase:

West Nile virus usually flares up in the summer because it is most often transmitted by mosquito bites. People infected can suffer fever and aches that can become severe or even cause death, especially of the elderly, children and other at risk groups. There is no specific treatment for the West Nile infection.

2012-08-15T203419Z_1_CBRE87E1L5N00_RTROPTP_2_WESTNILE.JPG

A Culex quinquefasciatus mosquito is shown on a human finger in this undated handout photograph from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). REUTERS/James Gathany/Center

Dallas mayor declares emergency over West Nile virus

DALLAS (Reuters) - The mayor of Dallas declared a state of emergency in the ninth largest U.S. city on Wednesday to combat the spread of West Nile virus infections, which have been more prevalent than usual in Texas and other states this year.
There have been more cases of West Nile virus reported so far this year than any year since the disease was first detected in the United States in 1999, the Centers for Disease Control said on its website.
http://news.yahoo.com/dallas-mayor-declares-emergency-over-west-nile-virus-185126639.html

Peace In,

There have been a few deaths here in OKC from it. I pray it doesnt' get too bad. There needs to be a solution for this..

I guess I don't miss living in Texas as much now. Praying for the kinfolk in Texas and OK. Be safe!

There have been a few deaths here in OKC from it. I pray it doesnt' get too bad. There needs to be a solution for this..

... Called my daughter last night MsVeraisblessed and she thanked me for the alert. But folk in Dallas are so familiar with the West Nile that they weren't aware of the seriousness at this point. She called back today and really thanked me, and they are now taking all precautions to safeguard bites with repellents, etc...

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back