Black Positive People : West Creek Middle School student’s book to be added to school library

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
image.gif image.jpg image.jpeg

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (CLARKSVILLENOW) – West Creek Middle School is celebrating one of their own. Author Robyn Gordon, a 12-year-old, 6th grade student at West Creek Middle School published her first book “Stop Bullying” in 2016 by Gordon Publishing. On Monday, May 23 at 8 a.m., Principal of West Creek Middle School Brian Feldman with members of staff will induct Robyn’s Book “Stop Bullying” into the West Creek Middle School library and into the common area glass showcase.

Gordon will make history as the first and youngest author at her school.

Joseph Bailey, Founder of Helping Others Obtain Direction Ministries believes that Robyn is a leader for the generation for now and to come.

Robyn motivates me to continue to pour into our young people and to really make our young people a priority in society. I am also thankful for her mother and father for cultivating Robyn to be a young woman of God for others to follow so that our kids will stand up for what’s right and to be different among their peers. I am thankful to be associated with them,” Bailey said.

Gordon says she has experienced some bullying herself, but recognizes that some children she knows have had to deal with being bullied a lot. She hopes her book will inspire her fellow students to do the right thing.

Robyn motivates me to continue to pour into our young people and to really make our young people a priority in society. I am also thankful for her mother and father for cultivating Robyn to be a young woman of God for others to follow so that our kids will stand up for what’s right and to be different among their peers. I am thankful to be associated with them,” Bailey said.

“I think there are a lot of bystanders,” Gordon said. “They see what’s happening, but they are afraid to tell anyone because they might be called a tattletale or something. I just want to say to those kids, stand up. If I saw it happening at my school, I would definitely stand up and say something.”

- See more at: http://clarksvillenow.com/local/wes...ok-added-school-library/#sthash.FUxLnhhT.dpuf

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back