Black History Culture : WEST AFRICAN WISDOM: ADINKRA SYMBOLS AND THEIR MEANINGS..

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Isaiah, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    http://www.welltempered.net/adinkra/

African symbols known as adinkra are ubiquitous in Ghana, a beautiful West African country on the Atlantic, situated between Cote d'Ivoire and Togo. On cloth and walls, in pottery and logos, these Asante tribe symbols can be found everywhere.

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    never knew the meanings of the symbols just the clothing be pretty and unique.....thanks for sharing i be finding alot out i didnt know yesterday but today i do...thanks

3. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Thanks Brother Isaiah:

Re-Presenting the best of African Culture!

Cedric Denson :terrific:

5. Seeley

Seeley Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Mr. Isaiah,

Thank you for posting the link to the site. Culture is a very serious issue for me. I have done extensive research on my geneology and have gone back 151 years in time. It was hard work and expensive and many years. I will not stop until I get the information of the slave ship and original owner of my great-grandfather. I have now my great-great-grandmother's name. It may seem like a waste, but I need to know this information. I love my people and family no matter what happened to them in the past. History, is history. Thank God for a cousin who is older than I who was determined to chronicle the history of our family and I followed right behind her.
    I will tell anybody, don't be ashamed of your family history. :teach: Always remember to pass it on to the next generation. I have nieces already asking questions.