Black People : Wesley Snipes: "LIVE?" or "Memorex?"

Is Wesley Snipes "For Real?" or "Faking The Funk?"

• His contributions to Black history documentaries cancel out his negative comments about Black women.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • His negative comments about Black women cancel out his contributions to Black history documentaries.

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
In an effort not to continue an off-topic discussion in another thread, I am starting a new one.

Through the years, Wesley Snipes has received a back-lash of controversy from his disparaging comments made in a 1997 Ebony magazine interview about Black women and his decision of choice in his Asian mate.

Moreover, Wesley has also contributed to documentaries about Dr. John H. Clarke ("A Great And Might Walk" - 1996) and of Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochanan (2001).

Wesley has owned/owns a film company named "Amen Ra Films;" a subsidiary named "Black Dot Media;" and a security/paramilitary company named "The Royal Guard Of Amen Ra."

However, in spite of his "homages" to Black history, his demeaning remarks of Black women in that '97 interview still raise the ire of many Black women.

Personally, I feel that Wesley has the right to choose whomever he wishes as his mate; but I do not agree with his tearing down Black women by describing the ills and poor behavior of Black women; and, seemingly, explaining his choice in an Asian woman as a more "pleasing" alternative for him.

So, in your opinion, is Wesley "For REAL" or is he "FAKING THE FUNK?"

Sister MsInterpret, your post in the "Isaiah Mustafa" thread resonated with me in reference to this one.....>>>>

Black men bashing black women happens all the time....I'm sick of it....and I don't need it, nor deserve it.
We get it from both sides, the so-called "Pro-Black" men who bash their "Queens" in order to "correct" them, and then these self-hating, sellout negroids who love white women.
And then they wonder why black women are so angry, bitter and have bad attitudes...
Kathy Griffin can keep this dude...He's dead weight....A lost cause.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back