Black People : Wesley Snipes: "LIVE?" or "Memorex?"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by cherryblossom, Aug 19, 2010.

?

Is Wesley Snipes "For Real?" or "Faking The Funk?"

1. His contributions to Black history documentaries cancel out his negative comments about Black women.

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. His negative comments about Black women cancel out his contributions to Black history documentaries.

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    In an effort not to continue an off-topic discussion in another thread, I am starting a new one.

Through the years, Wesley Snipes has received a back-lash of controversy from his disparaging comments made in a 1997 Ebony magazine interview about Black women and his decision of choice in his Asian mate.

Moreover, Wesley has also contributed to documentaries about Dr. John H. Clarke ("A Great And Might Walk" - 1996) and of Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochanan (2001).

Wesley has owned/owns a film company named "Amen Ra Films;" a subsidiary named "Black Dot Media;" and a security/paramilitary company named "The Royal Guard Of Amen Ra."

However, in spite of his "homages" to Black history, his demeaning remarks of Black women in that '97 interview still raise the ire of many Black women.

Personally, I feel that Wesley has the right to choose whomever he wishes as his mate; but I do not agree with his tearing down Black women by describing the ills and poor behavior of Black women; and, seemingly, explaining his choice in an Asian woman as a more "pleasing" alternative for him.

So, in your opinion, is Wesley "For REAL" or is he "FAKING THE FUNK?"

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    n an effort not to continue an off-topic discussion in another thread, I am starting a new one.

:sick::SuN013::explode::qqb012::qqb019: :laugh: :poop:

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

... I think it has more to do with his comments about Black women. In the manner in which he spoke, his statements about Black women were like "being kissed on one cheek and slapped on the other."

So, I think many Black women would not have a problem because he's with an Asian woman if his previous statements weren't so passive-aggressively insulting to Black women....in short, he was just "nice-nasty" with it.

4. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Faker.

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    My thoughts>>>>>

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Thanks for the votes! Keep 'em comin'! :toast:

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    from the interview....

When asked for clarification, Snipes emphasizes that he is not saying that a Black woman can not be that type of woman a man wants to come home to. "Not at all," he declares. "Absolutely not. That's the point. I want to come home and I don't want to argue. I want to be pleasing, but if I ask you to get me a glass of water, you're going to say, `Them days is over.' please. Come on," Wesley says. "A man likes that. I don't know why. It's been that way forever. It makes him proud, you know, like when the guys come over and your lady comes out with a tray of food and says `I made this up for you.' And the guys are like, `Oh man, you've got a great women.' And the man says, `Yeah, I do.' A man will appreciate it when you're kind and when you're nice

one love
    khasm

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Yes, I read that also.

However, throughout this interview, Wesley is "talkin' outta both sides of his mouth."

At first he says, "Not at all...Absolutely not...That's the point."

THEN, he goes on to say what he DOESN'T want to come home to....IMPLYING that behavior is what Black women greet Black men with.

So, EXACTLY WHAT IS HIS POINT? :10500:

If there was a COMPLIMENT in there anywhere to Black women, I MISSED IT. :10500:

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Thank you.....And I do hope you mean Wesley. lol

10. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Real!

He took a lot of risk by Producing and narrating. "A great and mighty walk" both professionally and personally

If I'm not mistaken he took it upon himself to create a production company staffed by Black people. How many brothers and sisters in his position can say the same