Nigeria : Wesley Snipes invests in Nigerian Film!

I"m not trying to make my parents opinions to have any high importance in this forum, homie. If you're focusing on my shortcomings, then I'm sure that there is one extra person in the world that needs that attention. The idea of practicing multiple religions has never crossed my mind, I didn't know he was also Kemetian along with a Buddhist. Stop breaking my material down piece by piece man, this is the same type bull ish that is reminiscent of when Ralfa' il was on the forum.

I'm not looking forward to being banned off this website, I'm sure if I continue replying to you that this is sure to happen. I've gotten into some real deal fights for people being smart off like this to me and being behind this cpu isn't allowing me to do this. My verbal ability is nothing like yours, so I"m just not going to reply any longer, brutha.

panafrica said:
Most blacks in interracial relationships have issues with the men/women of their race. They may not publically proclaim it, but if you dig beneath the surface (get within their comfort zone) they will often reveal are hidden issues of hosility towards the opposite sex of their race. This is not to say that every black person in an interracial relationship has a problem with dating black. However, the few exceptions do not make up for the majortity.

Most people period have issues with men/women of their race. I have seen comments on this forum that one could interpret as being anti-black woman. Some of the comments have even said that African American men should go to African women because of the lack of quality African American women... this would be fine if the same suggestion for black women (going to African guys) didn't receive so much flack. In fact, there were so many of these types of comments at one point (those criticizing black women), I couldn't quite understand why one of the articles posted about black women received so much flack... it was nice to see black men defending black women, but in my opinion worse things said in a more confrontative manner had gone unnoticed. This is in contrast to negative things said about black men, which usually receive immediate criticism, regardless of the intent of the author.

Secondly, if you want me to say MOST blacks involved in IR are sellouts, or have sell-out mentalities well I won't 'cause I don't agree. I will say that many of those present in the media are sellouts. I will also agree that if you refuse to date your own under any circumstances, there's a problem. I will also say that there are many blacks in the spotlight married to a black spouse that are doing as much damage as you believe the IR couples are doing. Exclusive IR dating, or IR dating based on a 'reason' indicates something wrong, but people that possess self-hating attitudes will do so whether their mate is black or something else.

Regardless, in the case of Wesley Snipes, I think him making comments against black women is inappropriate along with NEVER considering a black woman as a mate. But nobody is perfect... I can forgive him for this in light of the good he is doing.

karmashines said:
Most people period have issues with men/women of their race. I have seen comments on this forum that one could interpret as being anti-black woman. Some of the comments have even said that African American men should go to African women because of the lack of quality African American women... this would be fine if the same suggestion for black women (going to African guys) didn't receive so much flack. In fact, there were so many of these types of comments at one point (those criticizing black women), I couldn't quite understand why one of the articles posted about black women received so much flack... it was nice to see black men defending black women, but in my opinion worse things said in a more confrontative manner had gone unnoticed. This is in contrast to negative things said about black men, which usually receive immediate criticism, regardless of the intent of the author.

Secondly, if you want me to say MOST blacks involved in IR are sellouts, or have sell-out mentalities well I won't 'cause I don't agree. I will say that many of those present in the media are sellouts. I will also agree that if you refuse to date your own under any circumstances, there's a problem. I will also say that there are many blacks in the spotlight married to a black spouse that are doing as much damage as you believe the IR couples are doing. Exclusive IR dating, or IR dating based on a 'reason' indicates something wrong, but people that possess self-hating attitudes will do so whether their mate is black or something else.

Regardless, in the case of Wesley Snipes, I think him making comments against black women is inappropriate along with NEVER considering a black woman as a mate. But nobody is perfect... I can forgive him for this in light of the good he is doing.

Karmashines:

For the record I'm not trying to trick or force you into making a statement against people in IRs. I'm not stupid (you wouldn't for obvious reasons), and I'm not cruel. I also will respectfully disagree with your assertion that "most" people have issues of men/women of their race. I simply don't believe that is true...if it was, most people wouldn't be involved with members of their race.

As for anti black female statements on this forum. There are no doubt an equal number of black male statements made as well. So much so at one time our beautiful sister Triniti424, created a post celebrating brothers:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32701

However, when anti black male statements are made, the brothers of this forum defend ourselves. The sisters of this forum are more than welcome (and more than capable) of doing the same in similar circumstances.

Myself I have never made statements against black women on this forum (or anywhere for that matter), and I have defended them whenever attacked. In fact I did so on a recent thread celebration black women: Now I have promoted inter-cultural dating with black people from other countries. This I freely admit, and have no problem with. There are many African Americans (male and female), who openly express displeasure about the behavior/values of their counterparts. I promote "African diasporic dating" to illustrate that blacks throughout the world have different customs, attitudes, behaviors, and beliefs. In my opinion this is a healthy alternative to dating and marrying outside of the race. It reinforces and strengthens our African heritage, and ultimately increases one's appreciation of blackness & black people.

In promoting African diasporic dating, I'm not contradicting myself, but staying true to the principles of PanAfricanism. I am not one of the men who was giving flack to African American women dating African men. Quite the opposite, I encourage that as much as I do the reverse (Since I'm married to an African woman, I obviously encourage the reverse). Many people disagreed with my opinions and ideals, but I have never been hypocritical.

Lastly I think blacks in the media who are in IRs represent the mainstream more than you want to believe. I know this because I talk to them...I know this because I hear them. I don't base my opinions from Hollywood, I get them from real life. However, I don't want to turn this into a back and forth with you. The issue isn't that important to me. I've said all I need to say, and I'll leave this topic alone for now.

Deepvoice said:
I"m not trying to make my parents opinions to have any high importance in this forum, homie. If you're focusing on my shortcomings, then I'm sure that there is one extra person in the world that needs that attention.

I made no such implication to either of these statements. I was simply inquiring as to the relevance of your mentioning these 2 sentiments here.

The idea of practicing multiple religions has never crossed my mind, I didn't know he was also Kemetian along with a Buddhist.

People do this all the time. I am a living example of this. So is Snipes, and countless other people.

All of these systems are so similar to each other (almost to the point of being nearly identical), that they can be practiced in tandem, without being counteractive to each other.

Stop breaking my material down piece by piece man, this is the same type bull ish that is reminiscent of when Ralfa' il was on the forum.

#1) I don't see you as a RALF, in any shape, form or fasion.

#2) This is how real-time conversations are conducted. I have to break up certain aspects of your response(s), to ensure that I've responded to it all.

Otherwise, you can't make several unrelated statements, and lump them all together, and expect a unified response.

For example, you stated:
I"m not trying to make my parents opinions to have any high importance in this forum, homie. If you're focusing on my shortcomings, then I'm sure that there is one extra person in the world that needs that attention. The idea of practicing multiple religions has never crossed my mind, I didn't know he was also Kemetian along with a Buddhist. Stop breaking my material down piece by piece man, this is the same type bull ish that is reminiscent of when Ralfa' il was on the forum.

You mentioned RALF, KEMETIANS, your parents, and breaking down your statements, all in one paragraph--none of the above having anything whatsoever to do with any of the above.

If you were submitting this paragraph as an assignment in an English Composition class, you would have received a low grade.

I'm not trying to come down on you, just striving to point out the importance of clear communication.

I'm not looking forward to being banned off this website, I'm sure if I continue replying to you that this is sure to happen. I've gotten into some real deal fights for people being smart off like this to me and being behind this cpu isn't allowing me to do this. My verbal ability is nothing like yours, so I"m just not going to reply any longer, brutha.

None of the above is necessary, my friend. I think you are taking this the wrong way.

At any rate, back to the topic of Wesley Snipes.

PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back