Namibia : Wesley Snipes Found In Namibia

Wesley Snipes makes deal in tax fraud case

Last Updated: Thursday, November 2, 2006 | 3:21 PM ET
CBC Arts

Wesley Snipes has come to an arrangement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service over his tax fraud charges.

Variety reported Thursday that Snipes will surrender to federal authorities when he returns to the U.S.

Actor Wesley Snipes is reported to have agreed to repayment terms in his tax fraud case.
(Stuart Ramson/Associated Press) He is filming the horror film Gallowwalker in Namibia with director Andrew Goth. Shooting in the African nation is expected to wrap up in December.

The star of the Blade series will be asked to agree to a repayment plan and in return will be permitted to continue working and to travel, Variety said.

Snipes faces eight counts of tax fraud involving $12 million US. He was indicted in Florida Oct. 17, but was not arrested because authorities did not know where he was.

Snipes had his taxes prepared by two accountants with a history of filing false claims, the indictment said.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/2006/11/02/snipes-taxes.html#skip300x250

No deal in Wesley Snipes tax fraud case

I'm trying to decipher which sources are credible. Now there's a report of no deal in the Wesley Snipes tax fraud case.

Honestley I could care less if Wesley is guilty of tax fraud. I was hoping the brother would just keep the money (even if he didn't pay taxes) and start a new life in Namibia. I'm really pissed because they are trying to throw Ronald Isley in prison. So the hell with the IRS and the U.S. governemnt.

Do any of us know how much money this governemnt has pimped from the American people without returning a dime? Or how much tax payers have allocated every day to the government for wasteful spending on projects we never see? All for governemnt pork and corrupt politicians.

A great deal of tax payers money goes to welfare states such as Israel. The other half goes to criminal multinational corporations that contribute in the destruction of our environment; such corporations as Halliburton, ExxonMobil, Philip Morris, Freeport McMoran Copper and Gold and De Beers to name a few.

Prosecutor: No Deal in Wesley Snipes Tax Fraud Case
Today's Tampa Tribune reports that the prosecutor in the Wesley Snipes tax fraud case says that no deal has been struck to settle the actor's $12 million tax dispute with the IRS, despite press reports earlier this week announcing such a deal (blogged here):

Reports that Wesley Snipes has settled his criminal tax case are untrue, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office. The entertainment business publication Variety published a story online Wednesday citing movie industry sources detailing a settlement that would allow Snipes to avoid jail and continue filming movies. The story has been picked up by UPI and number of news outlets and Internet sites. But Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert O'Neill, who is prosecuting Snipes and two co-defendants, unequivocally denied the report. "That's not true," he said. "We have no idea where that came from."

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2006/11/prosecutor_no_d.html

Mad Skillz said:
I'm trying to decipher which sources are credible. Now there's a report of no deal in the Wesley Snipes tax fraud case.

Honestley I could care less if Wesley is guilty of tax fraud. I was hoping the brother would just keep the money (even if he didn't pay taxes) and start a new life in Namibia. I'm really pissed because they are trying to throw Ronald Isley in prison. So the hell with the IRS and the U.S. governemnt.

Do any of us know how much money this governemnt has pimped from the American people without returning a dime? Or how much tax payers have allocated every day to the government for wasteful spending on projects we never see? All for governemnt pork and corrupt politicians.

A great deal of tax payers money goes to welfare states such as Israel. The other half goes to criminal multinational corporations that contribute in the destruction of our environment; such corporations as Halliburton, ExxonMobil, Philip Morris, Freeport McMoran Copper and Gold and De Beers to name a few.

Prosecutor: No Deal in Wesley Snipes Tax Fraud Case
Today's Tampa Tribune reports that the prosecutor in the Wesley Snipes tax fraud case says that no deal has been struck to settle the actor's $12 million tax dispute with the IRS, despite press reports earlier this week announcing such a deal (blogged here):

Reports that Wesley Snipes has settled his criminal tax case are untrue, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office. The entertainment business publication Variety published a story online Wednesday citing movie industry sources detailing a settlement that would allow Snipes to avoid jail and continue filming movies. The story has been picked up by UPI and number of news outlets and Internet sites. But Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert O'Neill, who is prosecuting Snipes and two co-defendants, unequivocally denied the report. "That's not true," he said. "We have no idea where that came from."

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2006/11/prosecutor_no_d.html

I have my own IRS problems. Recently was audited for 2004.

It seems that I invested in some stocks (about 20 different companies), some which earned a profit, some which I incurred a financial lost. I sold off the stock and re-invested in a stock IRA account.

Even though I lost money overall, before re-investing, I am being audited for close to 12k in "gross divideneds".

Here it is taking my hard earned money, investing in the system, losing part of my investment, now having to pay on dividends that I never recieved but were reported by the stock funds. The key is GROSS dividends. The IRS wants a cut of what I lost. Rather than file an amended return and challenge them I am just going to pay close to 3,200k. Not worth the time or possible repercussions (or legal cost) of a challenge.

The only problem here is that the state of California will then be coming after me trying to get their share.

I am sure that Wesley will face a similar situation with California's Franchise Tax Board. This is what I meant when stating there is more to this. If faced with a state audit, it might also jeopardize the status of his production company.

Interestingly, I never did recieve 1099 statements from all of the stock funds which reported my dividend distributions (which I never recieved directly).

The IRS is the world's leading criminal organization!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back