Black Entertainment : Wesley Snipes Acquitted of Tax Felonies

Wesley Snipes -- Released from Prison
www.tmz.com
Passenger 57 is no longer Inmate #43355-018 -- TMZ has learned Wesley Snipes has been released from prison. The Federal Bureau of Prisons tells TMZ ...…

WENN, Friday, April 5, 2013, 9:11am (PDT)
  • Wesley Snipes has been released from prison and placed under home confinement to serve out the remainder of his sentence for tax evasion.

RELATED: Best TMI Tweets

The "Blade" star, who was convicted in 2008 for failing to file tax returns, lost an appeal for a retrial in 2010 and began serving his three-year punishment at the minimum security McKean Federal Correctional Institution in Pennsylvania in December that year.

RELATED: Most Awkward People on the Red Carpet

However, TMZ reports he was freed from his jail cell on Tuesday and was transferred to the New York Community Corrections Office, where he met with representatives supervising his home confinement. The move was confirmed to CNN by the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

What Mr. Wesley had was some lawyers who did not understand the laws fully. If they knew the laws he wouldn't have gotten one single day! This has nothing to do with him having money...or are you still under the assumption that paying taxes are legal???? Mind you...there are state taxes that must be paid, but what I'm speaking about is federal taxes...and of those, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ONE SINGLE DIME!!!!!

MY MAN (where’s a high-5 smiley when you need one… anyway) what he ^ said!!!

Although we do differ on opinion somewhat when it comes to your statement here…

"This has nothing to do with him having money... "

I think his money, along with his star-status and the fact that he’s one of the very few seriously outspoken Black-celebrities when it comes to Black issues, does factor into them moving on him.

There was a FOX NEWS report-video posted on YOUTUBE back in 2006 on the story that blatantly demonstrated the blatantly bias news-coverage that was launched against him in the media but I can’t seem to find it anywhere now. Still, the point Keita Kenyatta raised about federal income-tax is true. I know personally ‘cause I been let the I.R.S. know where they can go since '87.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back