Pan Africanism : Were we slave owners in Ancient Egypt?

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by MsInterpret, Jun 5, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I was having a discussion about the Pyramids in Egypt and how they were built. And I got to thinking about the Hebrew slaves in Ancient Egypt.
    Those Egyptians were they the true Africans (middle eastern) the rulers at this time who enslaved the Hebrews?
    I hope this makes sense.

2. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Excuse me...I had said non-middle eastern, but I meant "middle eastern"...

3. Energy

Energy Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +47
    We were the slaves in ancient Egypt. We were slaves to the Africans. In Africa we have two groups; the indigenous and Africans and then we have the Hebrews. Almost all black people in America with African ancestry are Hebrews. What I am telling you is not the mumbo jumbo you hear from the black Hebrew Israelites. This is indisputable FACT.

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Probably.
    A project that large requires substantial manpower and it would not have been acquired by consent.

More than likely, Egypt had a leisure class and a servile class just as any civilization would have.

5. namreh

namreh Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    You make total sense here and there are a lot of modern writings which describe the so-called Hebrews being in Egypt but the truth of the matter is there is no real historical documentation of a people who lived in Egypt that went by the name 'Hebrew' but there was a people who were called the 'Apiru' which were named as such because they were called 'traders'. In modern times they have changed geographical names - to be specific in 1948 a land that was known to be a land of blacks was renamed Israel and the whole region 'middle east' to separate it from the blacks.

Ancient Egypt had prisoners of war from some of the many battle that they had with invaders. Ancient Egypt has always been true Africans until 333 b.c which is why white people have a legitimate argument in saying that Egypt was mixed - but it wasn't until Egypt had lost all of his glory. Egypt flourished thousands of years before white people ever came on the scene. When they started popping up we were teaching them such as 'Thales', 'Pythagoras' etc ... 300 years before they took over in 332 b.c. So to answer the question this supposed slavery in ancient Egypt would have been by Africans because that's what the ancient Egyptians were. Nevertheless, there is no historical documentation that there was a slavery in ancient Egypt.

6. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    NO.

MA'AT

7. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    So I assume that you do not consider the Bible "historical documentation"?

8. namreh

namreh Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes your assumption is absolutely correct.

Now I would have no problem if it were a historical documentation but the text was not designed to be historical, it was designed to be more mythical in nature. I do like to read the bible and discover the secrets encoded - but most people take it at face value when history suggest differently. Here's the difference... you have mythical text that people are fighting to make true and then you have historical text that people are trying to make lies. The mythical text is in fact a lie while the historical text stand true on times and events.

The bible cannot stand the test of time or events which makes it mythical material.

9. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
    From what I have learned in my studies of Egypt, the people who built the oldest of the pyramids were not initially slaves. The slaves came much later during the dynastic periods of Egypt, when there had been race-mixing and a fundamental change in the cosmology/cosmogony of the original Nubian people of the continent. Slavery came about through this perversion of the cosmology, and was practiced as a result by all manner of people during that time. What we have today is a continuation of the same in capitalism, or any form of republic or so-called democracy. I'd say that today, slavery has changed in it's form, but is more prevalent than ever. People actually think they are living in freedom, and this couldn't be further from the truth. Because of this, freedom does not live as it once did with your people, long, long before Moses became a figure of Judaic his-story. The bible must be taken into context with respect to all other esoteric and prolific texts of that time in order to better grasp the story as it was originally told by your people. The Coptic bible is an interesting piece of work, for instance, in comparison to any modern christian translation.

10. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    "People actually think they are living in freedom, and this couldn't be further from the truth. Because of this, freedom does not live as it once did with your people."

You've got that right.

If I recall correctly. citizens were required to send one son to the kingdom for helping with labor but returned after twenty years and came home for special events with the family. But that can be seen as slavery too.