Amun-Ra : Were We Always Christian?

Try to experience magick YOURSELF before you can judge

Hello everyone I am new to the board! I must admit this message aoard is excellent, and the moderators here have manners and intellect!

I am a native of Africa. Actually, I am a Kongolese woman, born and raised there. Unfortunately, my family and I had to leave DR Congo because of wars, and precarity. I am 30. I've been living in the states for about 6 years, I don't like it but I don't have a choice because I'm just surviving here for the moment. Living in a white man society is no fun while they undermine culturally and rape my people economically.. Anyways, back to the topic.

I am quite appelled about what you are saying brother Amen-Ra. You don't beleive in magick, well you dont' beleive in traditional African spriritually because the fondation of it is magick. I am myself attracted to Vodun, and I have been studying it for 2 years. In Congo the majority of people are Christian because of Belgium Colonization, but we still beleive in ancestors spirits, nature spirits, magick etc.. I have seen form my own eyes a medecine-man healing people of AIDS, and others incurable diseases with the power of his own will.. Today, those who have been healed are perfectly healthy, even though with utter ingratitude some continue to denigrate our traditional spirituality and its magick. The medecine-man, who is also a priest-shaman, still heals those who come to him, and ask the protection of the nature spirits for them. He really dispays true mastery and tolerance!

Amun-Ra you have to go to Africa to see for yourself the miracles that are happening there sometimes! Unfortunetely, Westerners know these things and are actively compaingning to denigrate the influence of our traditional spirituality and power. Brother Amun-Ra don't fall into the brainwashing the westerners try (and succeed) to implant in us. The magick of our indigineous sprituality is REAL, I have seen it form my own eyes! Try to experience it too yourself (preferably in Black Africa) before you can judge. Nonetheless, your initial post was good. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Abantu.

I am a Yayi and find that it helps me out more than Christianity ever did. Although Lucumi spread out of Cuba around 1959, Mayombe has been around wherever there were African-decended people. In Puerto Rico, Congo religion was always there. It blended with the Taino spiritualism that still existed although the culture was mad e to look like it "disappeared". In Jamaica "Obeah" (from the Taino word "Opias") still uses Taino terminology and symbolism in their practices. The Guava bat, the Ceiba tree, are all from Taino-Maya origins. It mirrors the history of Taino and African blending together.

i was raised as a christian. my family granddad still is one of them pretty serious deep south baptists. he taught me not to believe in tarot card reading and other things like that, so i didnt have much chance to learn about our own religions. is that because of white oppression? you decide. but i do know that being a christian has probably made me into a better person than id be without it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back