Omowale Jabali : Were the "Egyptians" really Black People?

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    The more that I study the history of ancient Egypt (Kemet) I find artwork depicting account of warfare conducted agains the Ku****e and Nubians who are always represented as "darker" than the reddish-brown color of the Egyptians (Khemites). I know that pictures of Queen Nefertari and Queen Tiye, wife of Amenophis III, and mother or Pharaoh Akhenaten are "darker" and indicate a southern, Nubian origin. However, much of the artwork comes from a period after the Hyksos and Hittitie invasions and indicate a possible origin outside of the darker "Nubians". In fact, some of the tomb paintings depicting the submission of the Nubians to the Khemetic "Amenists" are quite graphic. At many periods Upper and Lower "Khemet" were divided, particularly before the reign of king Ahmose and after the death of King Tutankhamen. What archaeologcial evidence exists to prove that the Khemites were "Black" and why are they depicted differently than the obviously BLACK NUBIANS and KU****ES?

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    You can say the Nubians were Pitch Black. If we still have jet Black Sudanese people, chances are.....they were Blacker before any Aryan invasions. Many of the paintings may have been bleached or sanded down, just like the noses were blown off of artifacts in order to hide the TRUE ruling origins of the natives. I believe the paintings can be seen as a prophetic warning to Black people then, and now. Look at how EVERY race has lightened up over history...leaving the lightest as superior, and darkest deemed inferior. Too many AA's find it hard to believe 95% of the slaves were extremely dark upon arrival here. They choose to look at the browner side to reflect their ancestors. Asians, Aryans, and other ethnicities steadily poured into Egypt over time. BTW, not all Nubians had the typical Negro featuring: (thick nose, extremely dark skin, large lips, and extra tight curls). With all the white supremecy swarming, and paintings still depicting Black peoples, there's no doubt in my mind they were Pitch Black. You may not find but a few books depicting them as such. Steering back to the question: the lighter Khemites may have been inbred, due to invaders......thus leaving them more opportunities........being seen in a better light, over their Black(er) Brothers&Sisters........that's the pattern. JMHO

3. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
  4. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    afwan aqi...

ma salaam.

5. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Well, are there any religions out there born from utopian cultures?

Christianity came from cultures that dominated and suppressed many regions of the world and continue to do so in the name of Jesus. This does not match with its doctrine of "turn the other cheek."

Islam has been used by terrorist to kill in suicide bombings. Some Islamic countries have also enslaved Africans along with mutilating their women.

Judaism has been used to oppress and conquer the land of the 'Gentiles'.

Hinduism incorporated racism into its construct after Aryan invasion. Light skin = higher caste, dark skin = lower caste. They also have racism against 'blacker' looking Indians. This goes against their teaching of trying to promote 'good karma' in one's life.

Buddhism has been used by the Japanese to rape, torture, murder and competely annihilate other Asian countries. Their 'Shinto' Buddhism actually made them think raping women gave them power. This is in contrast to the general teaching of trying to live in harmony with others in hopes of not reincarnating (becoming one with the spirit of the earth), or reincarnating into something better.

Even atheism has been used to dominate other religions. In some Communist countries, you are risking your life if you decide to become a Christian. This is in contrast to their belief of living 'well' (fulfilling your wants but still being moral about it), because this life is it.

Native American and African religions despite promoting close connections to God through nature still were born from cultures that had issues. Both of these groups had/have ethnic conflict which made them more prime for annihilation from outside forces. There are also some practices in some of these cultures that is based from fear, and not a true spiritual message... these are those that hurt or shun someone in some way.

So ultimately, all religious paths were born from cultures that had an issue somewhere down the line. This is why it is important to learn the history surrounding one's religious choice, but if your heart is leading to you to a certain belief system, you need to go for it regardless.

Egyptians like any other culture on earth weren't perfect, but for my spiritual path, I am impressed with some of their theology which is why I wish to study it further. I also believe that regardless of what religion you choose, one should not forget their spirituality, which is their own relationship with God and their spirit. Some may need to be extremely open-minded to start this because some religions at face value do not promote individual spirituality. But in reality, each one has a ideal that is right on target... and some have MANY spiritual ideals that are right on target. It's how you decide to use the message that's important.

As far as whether or not they were black... many of their statutes seem to show that they were. :)

6. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Omowalejabali: "I clearly am not speaking of pictures which have been altered or "sanded down". I am speaking of very graphic illustrations, tomb paintings and other artwork"

Sure, I meant the same thing, how could a flimsy canvas painting be sanded down or bleached? The tomb illustrations are the most tell-tale evidence. The only means of changing that is to bleach the images(depending on the texture),have them painted over, or word passed by successive generations. I wouldn't count on that...........lol