Black Spirituality Religion : Were the Arabs Black?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Jan 3, 2007.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I'm trying to find information about Islam. A website I saw said Muhammad was a direct descendant of Ishmael the son of Abraham. If this is true then he would be blacl because Ishmael's mother Hagar was an Egyptian. Unless in the years that passed between Ishmael and Muhammad mixture with Europeans left some white Arabs and some Black ones. At what point did the Arabs become white?

I realize the ololr of the Arabs is not important to everyone but it's important to what I am trying to do right now. If anyone has any information or resources please let me know.

2. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

They were, and are, a mixture of "black" and "brown".

What "europeans" did they MIX with?

3. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey brotha Omo,

Brotha High Priest sttarted a thread a while back saying that according to the Hadith Muhammad was a white man who owned Black slaves. Also the Arabs you see on tv are always light skinned. So I get the impression that somewhere along the line they musta lost their melinan to miscegenation with your a peeings.

4. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

I have always rejected the notion of Arabs being "white". Arabic is a southern semitic language. Remember, Abraham also fathered children by Keturah, an Ethiopian woman. The descendants are akin to modern-day Soamlians and Eritreans. Often many of us on this issue forget about the land of Punt (Puanit).

As far as mixture with "europeans" most likely that occured under the Ottoman Empire, that is, if Turks are considered 'europeans' rather than 'asiatic'.

However, im sure that Elijah Muhammad referred to the Turks as "asiatic Black men".

For purposes of research, I would probably focus on the Ottomans. This is tricky because even then there is mixture with the Huns, who were eastern asian nomadic groups that later penetrated into 'europe'.

I think that some of our orientation on this needs to change and reverse some thinking and instead of viewing europeans as branching out, africans and asians "penetrated" the womb of eu-rope.

5. imhotep06

imhotep06 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Web Applications Developer
    Ratings:
    +106
    Well your search will be more fruitfull when you realize that it is all myth.

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Yes they did. That's where the idea that Islam is the Black man's religion partly stems from when the Arabs joined the Moorish general Tarik when he invaded Spain.

Then why does the Hadith say Muhammad was white? Do Muslims accept the Hadith the same way Christians accept the Gospels as the true story of the man's life?

7. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

Sista river,

Peace to you and forgive forgive for not greeting you properly.

I cant really speak for the Hadith's *which one in particular* but years ago while conducting family history research i was focusing on a branch of the Moors in spain and found that one royal family from the kingdom of Denia traced lineage back to Morocco and then to a line of the Prophet.

I seems that the Hadith in question was written during a time period in which the line of succesion was a matter of challenge so therefore various "traditions" were established basically to deny a direct lineage of the Moors to Mecca.

O think you would need to examine the author of the Hadith in question and what SECT the author belonged and also the time period and location of the authorship. Was the Hadith written in Egypt...Timbuctu...Granada....Mecca...Seville.

Also, if tracing the lineage of Muhammad himself and his successors through Fatima, we find the Fatamids developed Sufism and as were Shi[ite <uslims, similar to their remnant in Irag, and to a lesser degree, Persia (Iran). And "Persians" are invariably classified as "Aryans" (true Cauc-asians) These may be considered "white people" but they are NOT Arabs.

And the Persians had a long period of "invasion" and miscegenation into Kmt and east Africa down to Zanzibar. This is why many "Somalis" some consider "Arab". And "Swahili" is a language that developed along with trade with the Persians and the East African (Indian) slave trade.

So, as we see, there is no clear line of demarcation which establishes "Arabs" as "white people". At no point of time did they develop in isolation from Black people.

8. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Peace brotha Omo,

No need to apologize. You are the main one whose knowledge I was thinking about when I asked the question.

Here is the thread abouit the Hadith
    http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44397&highlight=message+muslims

He speaks of THE Hadith giving me the impression that there is only one. He does point to Haddith no.63 vol.1.

It might not be necessary to say that the Arabs were white if we can establish that Muhammad was not an Arab by blood lineage but called himself that just like the Dutch in South Africa call themselves Afrikans though they certainly are nothing of the kind.

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Actually, there is a tradition in Yemen, that there are two lineages, Qahtan (southern Arabs) and Adnan (northern Arabs), of Arabs. The Adnan can be affiliated as Ishamaelites descended from Abraham and came from the northeast and the other lineage, Qahtan, is indigenous. I believe that Abraham is code for a people of mixed heritage, composed of indigenous Cu****e people of Mesotampia (Sumer, Indus Valley and Elam) and invading Aryans groups from the EuroAsian steppes with a Kurgan background. Biblical references sheds light into the cultural aspects and motifs that provide evidence of this heritage.

Indeed as well, Arabic is a Semitic language which Joseph Greenburg established and Christopher Ehret confirmed originated in the Horn of Africa circa 5000-8000 B.C.E. You may ask how if the Abrahamic people speak a Semitic language but are mixed raced? A small number of invading people conquer and then assimilate into the conquered to establish legitimacy. We this recurrent in African people. The Peul Fulbe conquered and assimilated into the local Hausa kingdoms, even styling their rulers as sarkin (Hausa term for ruler). The BaTutsi invading Rwanda and Burundi area conquered the native Hutu people and took the Hutu language as their own. If we follow the linguistic super-phylum Afro-Asiatic, we will find that the family is predominately domiciled, in terms of language clusters, in European-recognized Africa. We can deduce as well, that in terms of morphology and phonology the Cu****e and Oromo branches come the closest to Proto-Afro-Asiatic. Both groups are native to present-day Ethiopia and Somalia.

Another interesting tidbit is the Chadic branch, which includes the Hausa and Maba people, located around Lac Tchad in northern Nigeria and Cameroon, Eastern Niger and Western Chad are the closest living languages to ancient Egyptian according to linguistic reconstruction.

Blackbird

10. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    "You are the main one whose knowledge I was thinking about when I asked the question."

:wave: Thanks for the consideration.

As the post indicates I also posed questions to the author and, ironically, brother Samurai responded with some information in which I would agree, namely that Muhammad's family roots are with the Quraish, which indicates a SABEAN lineage, which also is related to Makeda, Queen of Sheba.

The other thing I will mention here is the allegations fromsome hebrew israelites and black Christians alledging that the Quran is copied from the "Bible". If this is ture then one must consider the source of this "copying" and in this context no doubt that source would be directly from the SABEAN founders of the christian Kingdom of AXUM which was founded by Queen Makeda.

Essentially, the "mothers" of the "Arab Nation" are Hagar ("Hamitic"), Keturah (Cush-itic) and Makeda (Sabean). None of these can today be classifed as "white" Women.

Funrthermore, I can not take seriously claims from Hebrew Israelites who blame the Arabs for slavery and the slave trade, who are the very same people who refer to Kemet as the "House of Bondage".

The "Arabic" slave trade during the era of Muhammad was not created by "Arabs". It was already instituted in Kemet for nearly 2,000 years and the modern form in Nubia (Sudan) is a remnant of that which was a bi-continental system of trade between Black Muslims and "Oriental jews" in Persia and India.