Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : We're Killing Little Black Girls

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by Destee, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

This video is heart-wrenching, and speaks to a concern that has grown close to my heart.

Look what we are doing to our babies ... killing their Spirit, their self-worth and esteem.

The little girl in this video is sooo beautiful ... yet she thinks she's ugly, and hates her self. It's so sad.

Then we wonder why grown Black women have so many issues?! Please. The seed was planted in her youth.

The video has the following text included at the end of it:

My first really big step toward self-degradation: when I endure all that pain, literally burning my flesh to have it look like a White man's hair. I had joined that multitude of Negro men and women in America who are brainwashed into believing that the Black people are "inferior" ... that they will even violate and mutilate their God-created bodies to try to look "pretty" by white standards. As he once said, "We hated our African characteristics. We hated our hair. We hated the shape of our nose, and the shape of our lips, the color of our skin ... This is how whites imprisoned us. Not just bringing us over here and making us slaves. But the image that you created of our Motherland and the image that you created of our people on that continent was a trap, was a prison, was a chain, was the worst form of slavery that was ever invented ... "

Malcolm X
    taken from "Hair Story"

Beauty

:heart:

Destee