Black People : Wendy Wolf, Viking Press Editor and Establishment Spokesperson, Explains the “Lie of Reinvention”

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by RAPTOR, Nov 25, 2012.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    by Jared A. Ball:​
    In the following video Wendy Wolf, Viking Press editor and one intimately involved the publication of Manning Marable’s Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention, offers us further justification for our A Lie of Reinvention: Correcting Manning Marable’s Malcolm X. I have only just seen for the first time the video uploaded in February of 2012 – unfortunately well after we had submitted our manuscript – and list below just a few reasons why I think Wolf goes so far in making our point.
    Ball has responded with six 'points' dealing with wolf's remarks regarding marables work: "a life of reinvention". Read here: http://www.voxunion.com/wendy-wolf-actually-explains-the-lie-of-reinvention/

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Peace Raptor,

As a protagonist in one of my stories would say, "This is what happens when your Love and Hate occupy the same pocket for far too long".

Ms. Wolf is actually embracing Malcolm and attempting to fold him into the American canon of fold-able icons. It really is a destructive process. An although she is smallish and nonthreatening, her embrace can be likened to the playful hug of a Mafia hitman.. or the playful pouncing of an allegedly tamed lion.. in that it carries with it a subtle threat of total annihilation.

Regarding the alleged homosexual activity, what if it is true? How does that changed Malcolm. If anything---if it were true---it would only further support his thesis about the decadence of the American White man and the depths to which he had sunk before his first psychic conversion to Islam.

It is very clear that this "re-inventing" of Malcolm is directed at those within the Muslim faith that would look to Malcolm's works as some example of American hypocrisy. Knowing how strongly they would react to the idea of homosexual activity, they associate homosexual activity with the things they wish to hide from them.

These are the reasons why we need to write and publish our own works. I sometimes ask through my Destee status, "What do you expect them to do with your truth?", and it's a relevant question. What can they do with your truth, but bend it to their use?.. But fold it into what they need it to be. Let them write what they want, who cares really?.. they no longer control the printing press, nor the public opinion of the masses. We can rebut them line for line.. so these events are no longer grounds for outrage.. they simply reveal the thinking going on behind the American cultural nationalist curtain.

- it's all good.

Peace.

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126
    Malcolm was human and had warts

DUH!!!!!!!

4. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    ^^^^

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

For some reason my mobile wont allow me to reply to some threads with video posted so I just wanted to say thanks for bringing this back up.

6. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Yeah.

Being that X's birthday was over the weekend, I see it necessary that we must be aware of how folks would try to 'repackage' our heroes. Have us dissin' folks we should appreciate/embrace and covet folks we should discard. Folk's attempts to make el Shabazz's legacy digestible for yt amerikkka in effort to 'dilute' that which may be used to spark the fire in those, today or tomorrow, who will seek/work for change for the betterment of a people.
    (Gonna bump to other thread, right behind this, for the analysis by ball is exceptional for those who may have missed it before it fell out of the 'leader board'.)