Black Money Business Jobs : Wells Fargo fails to end U.S. mortgage fraud lawsuit

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Business,

... They did a bunch of sub-prime loans to blacks Family:facepalm:

According to the government, Wells certified more than 100,000 loans for FHA insurance despite knowing that borrowers' ability to make payments had not been properly vetted.
The government also said that from 2002 to 2010, Wells Fargo identified 6,558 loans as having materially violated HUD requirements, but reported only 238 of them.
U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara in Manhattan, at the time he brought the case, faulted Wells Fargo's alleged "longstanding and reckless trifecta of deficient training, deficient underwriting and deficient disclosure, all while relying on the convenient backstop of government insurance."
Furman rejected Wells Fargo's argument that it need not face the lawsuit because it had joined a $25 billion federal settlement in April 2012 with several banks over alleged foreclosure abuses. The judge supervising that accord, U.S. District Judge Rosemary Collyer in Washington, D.C., in February rejected a similar claim by the bank.

Wells Fargo fails to end U.S. mortgage fraud lawsuit

2013-09-24T172917Z_2_CBRE98N19WA00_RTROPTP_2_USA-WELLSFARGO-EARNINGS.JPG

A Wells Fargo sign is seen outside a banking branch in New York July 13, 2012. REUTERS/Shannon Stapl …

NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A federal judge has rejected Wells Fargo & Co's bid to dismiss a U.S. government lawsuit accusing the nation's largest mortgage lender of fraud, a victory for federal investigators pursuing cases tied to the recent housing and financial crises.
U.S. District Judge Jesse Furman in Manhattan said on Tuesday that the government may pursue its key federal claims that Wells Fargo lied about the quality of mortgages it submitted to a government insurance program, costing hundreds of millions of dollars over roughly a decade.

suggested reading:
http://news.yahoo.com/wells-fargo-fails-win-dismissal-u-mortgage-fraud-163110702--sector.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : Philadelphia sues Wells Fargo for discriminating against African Americans; bank denies allegations Black Money Business Jobs 2
MsInterpret Black People : Wells Fargo bank promises greater corporate responsibility to Blacks Black People Open Forum 3
OldSoul Black People : Ida B. Wells Street Signs Unveiled In Chicago Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Why Ida B Wells is my Shero! Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black Ancestors : Ida B. Wells 153rd Birthday - as honored by Google Honoring Black Ancestors 2
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : 14-Year Boycott, Serena Williams Return To Indian Wells Black Entertainment 4
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Buddy Guy and Junior Wells - Hoodoo Man Black Entertainment 2
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Buddy Guy & Junior Wells ---- Yonder Wall Black Entertainment 0
$$RICH$$ African American History Culture : Remembering IDA B WELLS African American History Culture 2
TotalView Quiet Poetry Lounge : wells Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
C African American History Culture : Ida B. Wells-Barnett On The "Functions of Leadership” African American History Culture 1
Isaiah Black Ancestors : MRS IDA B. WELLS-BARNETT - FOR WOMENS HISTORY MONTH Honoring Black Ancestors 4
Isaiah Black People : IDA B. WELLS ON THE CONVICT LEASE CAMPS... Black People Open Forum 9
Isaiah THE MOTHER OF HUMAN RIGHTS IN AMERICA: MRS. IDA B. WELLS-BARNETT... Honoring Black Ancestors 1
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : wells of goodnite & prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
M Poisoning Our Own Wells! Black Men 8
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Britain still fails to acknowledge its legacy of slavery—memorializing its victims would be a start African American History Culture 0
nilevalley Black People : When all else fails Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty The Police : So This Happened: Delaware Cops Beat Disabled Man After His Quadriplegic Wife Fails To Stand Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Kemetstry Black People : BLACK LIKE ME EXPERIMENT FAILS Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Panama leads the world in well-being; U.S. fails to crack top 10 Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Global Post, the employer of freelancer James Foley, fails to pass smell test Black People Politics 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Radical Politics: The Dr. King America Fails To Talk About. Black People Politics 4
chuck Black People Politics : When All Else Fails: Be Emotional and Act Irrational-! Black People Politics 0
Destee Congo : Tintin au Congo - Comic Book Ban Attempt Fails in Belgium Republic of the Congo 0
Khasm13 Khasm13 : Rush Limbaugh-- I hope Obama Fails.... Khasm13 6
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : DARKNESS FALLS......BUT NEVER FAILS. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 16
King Tubbs Black People : Journalist tries to catch brotha out....AND FAILS!!! Black People Open Forum 0
OmowaleX Black Sports : Barry Bonds fails Drug Test Black Sports 2
P Africa : Foreign investment 'fails Africa' All Things Africa 0
B Black People : What The US Media Fails To Report About The War! Black People Open Forum 1
E Black Poetry : ...when diplomacy fails. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
alyce Black Poetry : When All Else fails...Think On This ~ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11