Black Poetry : Well ran dry..

PoeticManifesta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 24, 2005
Virginia Beach,Va
Occupation
Local Insurance Agent
See, I give my all to you. Investing every micro second into us, to further our lives and achieve balance between this life we live and the work we do to maintain it.
I fulfilled your every need for years, with the arch of my back and curve of my spine until,
I realized that you were not fulfilling mine.

I love being a hedonist, focusing upon the simple pleasures of skin to skin, shin to shin contact. Attempting to intertwine my limbs around yours, in a last ditch effort to latch onto your heart, ignoring the evident truth that our hearts no longer beat as one.

But lately, I've given my last ****.
So sorry, not sorry.
But while you were busy, engulfing yourself in your own fantasies. Drilling.. ******* a hole into your own ego,
I was busy, wrapping my legs around yours attempting to get your attention.

It took me five years to realize,
that just because I cook, clean and make love to you like a champion. Just because I give you the best parts of me, doesn't make you want to give me the prime rib of you.

I reflect upon whats wrong with me,
every moment when I give less of a **** than the one past.
And I realize, at last...
my never-ending contradiction had gone dry, my well of love that had once been in abundance for you upon our wedding day, left me overworked and underpaid and now ur the one who is missing out.

See, I give my all to you. Investing every micro second into us, to further our lives and achieve balance between this life we live and the work we do to maintain it.
I fulfilled your every need for years, with the arch of my back and curve of my spine until,
I realized that you were not fulfilling mine.

I love being a hedonist, focusing upon the simple pleasures of skin to skin, shin to shin contact. Attempting to intertwine my limbs around yours, in a last ditch effort to latch onto your heart, ignoring the evident truth that our hearts no longer beat as one.

But lately, I've given my last ****.
So sorry, not sorry.
But while you were busy, engulfing yourself in your own fantasies. Drilling.. ******* a hole into your own ego,
I was busy, wrapping my legs around yours attempting to get your attention.

It took me five years to realize,
that just because I cook, clean and make love to you like a champion. Just because I give you the best parts of me, doesn't make you want to give me the prime rib of you.

I reflect upon whats wrong with me,
every moment when I give less of a **** than the one past.
And I realize, at last...
my never-ending contradiction had gone dry, my well of love that had once been in abundance for you upon our wedding day, left me overworked and underpaid and now ur the one who is missing out.

Welcome HOME Sister PoeticManifesta

It is good to read you again. I like this post, and you are true to nature.
Your the same giver as you have shared from day one, and never short changes.
I say this because since I read your first post on this site many years ago.
You came correct then. Full of the truth your heart held.

Keep sharing your flows... Much love to you Sister and again Welcome Home

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back