"well intentioned" (?) disruption of the House

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by anAfrican, Nov 30, 2008.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    the question has come up before, was discussed, decided and the thread was closed. <sigh> sadly, it looks like that might have been taken as carte blanche to bring the same stuff all over again all over the House.

must we continue to be subjected to someone rubbing our noses in problems that we know about without bringing some type of effort to open discussion for solutions? granted, there is the claim that there is a website, outside of the House, that is "addressing" these things (i haven't been there, so can't speak with "authority" on the viability of the proffered "solutions"), that we are invited to peruse. in this longstanding climate of "divide and conquer", how is this not more of the same? would this not be considered "self destructive behavior"? why must we be subjected to this disrespect?

is there a mechanism whereby the Community can request that a known, proven and continuing disturbance be offered a "vacation"? (or more?)

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i must say that XL and to a lessor extent Kemestry continuous and aggressive pounding of the "facts" has certainly taken away from my enjoyment of the site.

if no hate is allowed how come self hate is?

destee is a place where i come to feel good. i do not feel good being bombarded with a sustained attack on the character of black people.
    they claim "facts". well, facts taken out of context are just weapons. these posters hate on black people.

they represent a sustained, persistent and continuous attack on black people.

help!

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    you can always put that person on ignore....
    simple...i know i use that functionality...maybe both of u should try it...

one love
    khasm

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother anAfrican ... Brother James ... what "disrespect" are yall talking about?

Can you give us a link to the specific post / thread you find offensive?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

5. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Destee, I know who the yare talking about and it is true, if we ignore this person, he can't help but to dissapear. The problem is, this person grasps on to the people who do not know him, the newcomers per say. He does the same thing with the new comers and when an old comer comes up on a thread where he is practicing the self hate over and over, it does become a bit depressing I must say.

Any way, will try to get some of those links to provide you with so you can see for your self.

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i don't understand that concept...how does someone else's level of disruption effect yours?

if we are afraid to combat self hate on a web site what does that say for us in real life?

if u don't like someone's vantage point...say your piece and move on...whatmorecanisay?

one love
    khasm

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i would have to link to pretty much every one of his posts.

perhaps you've not been following the discussions that he has been in? while it may very well not be considered "disrespect" by "the letter of the law" (no, there is no specific "law" other than
    the intent of the House Rules), his continuous, repetitious tirades, without offering constructive suggestions seems, to very much violate the Spirit of the Rules. at the very least, it is vexing to the Spirit of some of the Membership. so much so that a forum moderator, as well as another member, have begun to skirt the edge of "disrespect".

M'Lady, sometimes one has to acknowledge that just because a Black Man is saying it, he ain't always right, eh? which, of course, includes me. (i'll go ahead and say it since it has been driven home to me that the spirit of my communications tends to get lost in rebuttal/comment on a minor side issue too often.)

no flagrant violation of the letter of the rules, but of the spirit of the rules?

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother anAfrican ... you've not mentioned any Member's name, or pointed to any situation i can look at.

If there are many examples of what you speak of, just give me one or two of them.

No matter how someone else acts, it will never be an acceptable reason for a Moderator to violate the rules.

I have no idea who you are talking about, or what.

Please ... give me more.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

9. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
  10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States