Support : weirdness again

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by anAfrican, Apr 28, 2012.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    seems the alerts/conversations/logout buttons have gotten lost again. "user name" kinda overwrites "what's new" and is parallel with the search box. "new thread" button has slipped partially up into the search box. both seamonkey and firefox; with and without colors and with and without javascript. with javascript turned on, there is a logout button at the bottom of the account "pop up".

i do notice that there has been some changes in placement of the ads near the top of the page - most pages give me a big blank chunk of wasted space if i don't have javascript turned on. (have those ads brought in much revenue? does anybody really make any money off that stuff besides google?)

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Thanks Brother anAfrican ... i did make some changes, and will go back and tweak it some more.

It would be nice if you could capture a screenshot of what you see, so i can see it too.

Your description is clear, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

As far as the ads go, if you (or every Member) is customizing their settings, what their browser delivers, etc., there's no way i can deliver a "beautiful" presentation that will suit the individual needs of each user. There are too many things that can be changed, at each person's whim, and i'm struggling to deliver what i do. If you turn off some elements of the page, it's going to effect the output, and i don't see how i can compensate for every person doing that. If you have some ideas, let me know.

No, the ads haven't brought in much revenue. Neither has Premium Membership, donations, or anything i've tried ... :cry:

It's more than a notion, getting a site to support itself ... but i've got to keep trying ... 'cause i'm broke and can't do it alone.

I'm reluctant to allow drama, sensationalism, disrespect, and nudity ... but that is what sells out here.

So ... while i'm trying ads now ... don't be surprised if you see me nekked next week ... trying to keep us alive ... :wink:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    screenshot: destee5.jpg like i said, i usually don't do colors and javascript, but i thought i'd toss it up this way so that it shows the member name in white superimposed over the latest threads button, the yellow menu button (mostly obscured), the blue conversations button and the blue new thread button. it'll show the blue alerts button when i hover over it, but not the logout button.

do you want to see the "no frills" version?

thanks for your consideration.

4. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    thanks!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Thank You Brother anAfrican ... the image helps a lot.

I don't really need to see the no frills option, unless you just want me to.

Give me a minute to work on this, and i'll get it corrected.

Thanks a Bunch!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee