Black Women : Weight Watchers

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by nevar, Feb 6, 2011.

1. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    Any sister doing the weight watchers program. Looking at Jennifer Hudson is a inspiration. Ive done the program before and lost thirty pounds, and gain more. If any sister is on the program i would like to become buddies on this journey to being healthy and losing weight.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    good luck......:weights:

3. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    Nah...I just go to the gym.
    Plus, I get a decent workout in the hospital, so...

Well, actually, I'm out of it at the moment. I had a pretty funny mishap on the treadmill. *laugh* So, I'm sporting a thick knee-brace these days.
    It's my own fault, I guess. My right leg has been f'ed up since I was in the Air Force. Stress fx, shin splints, sprains...you name it.
    Had no business trying to sprint. I usually jog a little and mostly hike with a 4.0-9.0 high incline at 2.7-4.5 mph. You can burn a lot of calories hiking - but...I just miss running. I guess.

Anyway --
    What is the thing with Weight Watcher's, NEVAR?
    Is it just calorie counting or what? Is the food good? Is it filling?
    I like food - in fact, I work out like a beast of burden for the privilege of eating whatever I want - so I may be encouraged to try it if the food is tasty.

Have you thought about incorporating weight-training in your fitness regimen?
    Weight-training and a little walking will definitely help you keep the weight off.
    Jennifer Hudson has made some good progress. I wonder how much they paid her to be their spokesperson. It was a good business move...