Black Weight Loss : Weight Loss Meetings - Wednesday @ 8 pm ET

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Destee, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've not been using my Wednesday Night CLASS with DESTEE, but will start this Wednesday!

I'm going to use that time for our NEW Weight Loss Meetings!

Everyone is welcome, and we can share tips, suggestions, successes, encouragement, etc.

I'm excited about this, because I need to lose weight too, so it can be a win win for all of us!

We share so much together here, striving to be the best we can be, and this is just another way for us to do that.

Please join in ... especially the Brothers, because yall are pretty good at losing weight, staying fit and stuff, and we need your help and insight.

Okay ... hope to see you Wednesday Night @ 8 pm ET ... in the chat room ... http://destee.com/chat.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Excellent

I will try to be here !

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
  4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Join in Family ... it's class time, and remember, this is a collective effort ... QQ

Let's Lose Weight Together! :grouphug:

Destee

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Wednesday, 09/30/09 @ 8 pm ET

Peace and Blessings Family,

Taking direction from Group Think and Brother's Chat, I'm going to try and provide a recap of our Weight Loss Chats, highlighting the things discussed, etc.

Members Present :

Sister QueenTswana
    Sister MsDrea
    Sister Allgonemilw
    Sister Humble Warrior
    Brother WLFC
    Sister Destee

We had a great first meeting! :toast: Thank You Family !!! :love:

Sister MsDrea mentioned that our effort should not be solely about weight loss, but about healthy eating and living, which of course I had to agree. Weight loss is at the forefront for me though right now, and my means to that is healthy living and eating, so I'm going to be trying to transition the way I speak about this exchanging the words weight loss with healthy eating. Do bear with me Family.

Sister Allgonemilw also shared that weight loss should not be about a "diet" but all things in moderation. She also suggested that we take a daily vitamin supplement. She also mentioned that she'd lost a considerable amount of weight recently, getting her sexy on! :)

Sister MsDrea mentioned the white devils ... sugar, flour, rice, salt, etc., ... that we should avoid eating. This made us all begin talking about Dr. Afrika and the videos I shared yesterday on the site. We spent extensive time going over what he had shared in them. Absolutely great information if you've not already had the time to view them, please do.

Sister Humble Warrior shared with us that she is a vegan, so we are really looking forward to some great tips from her in the future! Sister MsDrea and myself are interested in moving toward a vegetarian diet, and are hoping that Sister Humble Warrior will help guide us toward and on that path. Sister also asked about honey, is it a good sugar substitute, and if not what would be. We (i) could only quote Dr. Afrika, and he said that honey was as bad as sugar, but we all agreed to look into that, see if we could find healthy substitutes. Sister also mentioned that she drinks almond milk, which I'd never heard of and plan to check out.

Brother WLFC introduced himself to the Family, making mention that Our Dear Darling Sister MizJoice invited him to the community, and we are grateful for that and him! Brother was also interested in healthy sugar substitutes, giving us more reason to look into this, hoping to have some answers by next week's meeting.

Sister QueenTswana said that she needs to gain weight :hammer: but was her usual wonderfully supportive self! :love:

We talked about our highest and lowest weights, the foods that will probably be the most difficult to give up, ways to prepare more healthy meals. Sister MsDrea told me to stop eating canned goods, buy fresh or frozen instead. We talked about being addicted to sugar and how it's going to be a challenge to get this out of our diets, but we are determined! We shared what we had eaten the current day, and Sister MsDrea said that she was going to start dancing around the house. We talked about body types, BMI, and how it seems that the BMI gauge is not made for Sisters! Sister MsDrea also said that we can't eat any bread for 2 months, while Sister Queen was talking about a fresh baked loaf right out of her oven! :hammer:

That's just the tip of the iceburg ... ahhhhh iceburg ... we also talked about not buying iceburg lettuce, but get romaine instead.

Yes, that's just a portion of what we talked about! It was a great meeting and I'm already looking forward to next week!

Thank You Family! Stay Encouraged and on top of your healthy eating and living!

Hope to see more of us next week! :grouphug:

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Sister Destee,

This post makes it official. A bottle of Le Vive will be given to the winner or super star of your weight loss class, as the statistics so determine. The person selected will be the recipient of the power of five antioxidants, which is a 50.00 dollar value, plus increased health, end goal of the class.

The class participants are directed to navigate the link below under Products/ Nutrition and are encouraged to view the video for information on the Gift Product, Le Vive:

http://www.ardyss.com/en/

The above link can also be captured over in the Destee Network under Black Health/Medicine...Sub forum…Holistic Living…

I only ask that the Winner, from time to time, reports to the Class any improved health benefits contributed directly to the intake of the Gift…LeVivePeace In Family

7. Freeda Peeples

Freeda Peeples Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I'll be at the next meeting. I'm glad to see this because I didn't want to go to Curves or the Y; at least not right now. I have some equipment in my basement.

But I am going to report my stats. I ain't skerrd and I ain't ashamed. So hopefully y'all will feel free to do the same.

For added motivation, I'm calling myself.....drumroll please...... Destee's Biggest Loser!

Here are my stats as of 11.14.09:

Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 215.8
    BMI: 36 (according to my scale at home)
    Goal Weight: 165
    Fitness Goal: Reduce my body fat to between 16 and 18 percent, improve my
    cardiovascular health, and build more muscle (not bulky muscle, though)

See y'all in the discussion on Wednesday.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Freeda Peeples,

And you my sister friend have made gigantic contributions already, especially relating to the Flouride issues.

There is no better platform than this thread to release that deadly information that you shared with us, in the last class. Our efforts continue to be...free da peoples...by all means necessary:), Peace In...not Out.

9. infowizard111

infowizard111 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey i just came across this forum and i see that is dealing with black health and wellness as well as weight loss check this product out it works very well regardless of who you are check it out

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

Thanks for posting infowizard111, but hopefully you are referencing Le Vive; if not, please name the product...

Peace In,