weed mans syndrome

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Therious, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    weed is a danger to the nervous system. when your loaded nothing is to worry, when your sober your sent into rage over the most minute detail.

are there any former smokers, do you feel the effects of the weed syndrome even though its been months since you quit. do find your self ready to throw the t.v. through the window simply cuz you lost the remote?

then u get high and its all better?

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Never to that extent. I haven't smoked weed in well over a year, but it does calm you down a lot. When I don't smoke, I never get mad or angry. I can care less one way or another.

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    after 35 years, i'm willing to state categorically that this "concept" has as much value, and validity, as the "new" high blood pressure medicine y'all were talking about the other week.

`course, "the man" done tol' you that this is so, so of course ... just like the bell curve, lack of intelligence/humanity/soul in the formerly(?) enslaved Africans, WMDs in Iraq ...

you go ahead and believe all that if you want. it's obvious that you're not, nor have been, a "stoner", so you have pretty much no basis for saying anything on the subject.

"theriously" (the play on your name is rather "pedestrian", possibly "juvenile", but oh so appropriate!!!)

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    To be honest, I'm not exactly certain what you're saying here, but THERIOUS is correct, in that psychotrophic narcotics take a toll on our nervous system's functions.

PEACE

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    it's harmful indeed but i can't say i know any of this i never touched the stuff
    always felt if i touch any drugs it would end my life , let's say iwas one of the
    afraid kids growing up , from a nursing side it's harmful to the human body.

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Where's the data?

True, all I have is "anecdotal" evidence ... which is about all there is, actually, since, given that the substance is "illegal", no empirical evidence has been found. sure, there's been research, but only that which shows a so-called "favorable outcome" has been presented.

Actually, there is even some question as to whether marijuana qualifies as a "narcotic" ... but, of course, that "information" is not something that would be in the general awareness of anyone not particularly interested in the subject. It wasn't so much that I was interested, as it was that I have been involved in a number of NORML organizations and the data was there. Also, I've spent quite a bit of time poring through my copy of "The Emporor Wears No Clothes". But, I am sure that the source of my "knowledge" will be called into question, since, "of course" "NORML", and "that book" "will spin things in the best light possible" ... as, "of course", "the powers that be" won't?

(Which is pretty much what I was saying in that last post: "who's data has the most correct spin on it?" I was saying that buying into what is being said about MJ, without any direct experience, is just like buying into what "we all know to be true" about all the stuff "the man" has been telling us.)

Also, one should really consider MJ on it's own, without "forties" or "hennessey's" (sp?whatever), or any other alcohol(sp?); those all take away from, and add negatively to, the experience/reactions.

Again, WHERE'S THE NON-BIASED DATA?

(On the other hand, I gotta grin real hard: just being an African in this country "takes a toll on our nervous system's functions", and bud just kinda helps to ease the issue without all the problems associated with alcoholism.

I MUST remember to ignore these types of threads!)

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I agree it has been used for years as medical use as well pleasure
    it affects brain cells intoxicate the mind thinking path it's also said
    to be good will for the eyes as well as fish but weed / marijuana harms
    the mental mind killing cells .......

many will forever be divided on this issue and it's worth the value of it
    and do it really harm or help human beings it's was in the 20's used
    and freely until banned and made illegal to use to this day and to be said
    through study it was helpful medically but mentally harmful a risky 50 / 50
    chance when used but abused daily will surely be as harmful then helpful .

you will forever view weed / marijuana differently if grown at the right time
    and proper growth the stronger it will be surely to leave you light headed
    and kills 1/10th of the brain cells .

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    First of all you dont know me. i was a classic weed head for more than twelve years . I posted this due to my own experience. and im sure others will tell you the same. every weed head i know has a terrible temper, but mostly if you smoke every day.Yes you are juvenile, and foolish at that.

besidess "africans" dont say stoner-whites do. oh wait you must be one of those "from the continent" africans that act whiter than white people.--lol

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I actually have some scientific data about this subject, that I have committed to memory, that I will eventually share. There is indeed information, but people (especially our people, whom seem to have a fear of intellect in these days and times) need to be pointed in the proper direction for it.

Therein lies the grave issue; you do not solve one problem, by causing another.

PEACE

10. AUM

AUM Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Yes, I agree with those that say "weed smoke" is harmful to your body. That is, However, if you believe that you are "smoking" the leaves of some plant....The use of Marihuana by shamans and spiritual leaders dates back millenia. The effect it has on your nervous system is that it IMPRINTS a new "reality" letting you "feel" things that have been dormant in your DNA for centuries. It is a 5th circuit substance (read Cosmic trigger by Robert Anton Wilson) that opens your nervous system to higher frequencies. There are other substances that open your 6th and 7th circuits such as Peyote, mescaline, "magic" mushrooms, etc. Marihuana is a milder form of pyschotropic medi-cine used for medi-tation.

To send this thread spiraling upward out of the realm of ignorance, I ask all the Sadhus on the board to light the chilam (waterpipe) and practice your breath control and breathing exercises (pranayama) and do some tai chi and yoga bends/postures (asanas). These archetypal exercises will help you expand your consciousness to the higher circuits of your brain and imprint your OWN reality into your nervous system. You will begin to see the difference in the ritual of lighting Ganja as opposed to just mundanely smoking a blunt.

IF YOU ARE NOT RESPECTING THE RITUAL THEN YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE EFFECTS. This will send your temper, nerves, etc. into chaos.

AAAUUUMMM