Black Relationships : Weddings Are A Waste Of Money

oceolo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 25, 2005
I have a question for the sistas.
Are weddings necessary or have the media only brainwashed women into thinking are necessary? I feel that going to city hall and just signing a certificate of marriage is much better because weddings can be very stressful financially and emotionally so why have them in the first place?

Diamond Rings are pretty much a universal gift for a man to give a woman that he wants to marry,but why do people covet something that is produce by way of the pain and suffering of other people especially black people in Africa? Also diamonds are over priced because they are not as rare as people may think this is why you see so much diamond jewelery.

Weddings and diamond rings might be nice things but a down payment on a house and good credit are even better

oceolo said:
Are weddings necessary or have the media only brainwashed women into thinking are necessary? I feel that going to city hall and just signing a certificate of marriage is much better because weddings can be very stressful financially and emotionally so why have them in the first place?

Diamond Rings are pretty much a universal gift for a man to give a woman that he wants to marry,but why do people covet something that is produce by way of the pain and suffering of other people especially black people in Africa. Also diamonds are over priced because they are not as rare as people may think this is why you see so much diamond jewelery.

Weddings and diamond rings might be nice things but a down payment on a house and good credit are even better

I'm not a woman, but I agree with you. My parents were married in City Hall, and have been together (happily) for 35 years. Yet on the same token, I know people who have spent 50k on a wedding and seperated 6 months later. When it comes to marriage, one's commitment is what is most important. However one thing to consider is that proper budgeting can decrease the cost of a wedding.

oceolo said:

Diamond Rings are pretty much a universal gift for a man to give a woman that he wants to marry,but why do people covet something that is produce by way of the pain and suffering of other people especially black people in Africa. Also diamonds are over priced because they are not as rare as people may think this is why you see so much diamond jewelery.

I agree 100%. Some women spend lavishly on weddings because they want to 'show off' they have a man. They'll spend thousands yet get divorced a week later.

If you're a millionaire then you can afford to spend a lot on weddings. If you're an average person chances are you shouldn't. That $10,000 could go towards a house which is a better investment.

And as far as expensive rings... well, legally you don't even need a ring to show you're married (at least that's what my state said when we applied for a marriage certificate). All that matters is the piece of paper.

Try to...

understand some people before blaming them!We just have ONE life and we've a wedding ceremony with someone only once.Because they don't want to forget the day they have cheared their promises,they spend a lot of money on it.It's true that that is obvious,but who cares about?Love doesn't have a price.
Yeah you may remind of the pain beared in Africa,but i'll ask u one thing:"Where is all the money we and others country have sent there?".They are not in need of money now,they first-of-all need to refresh their minds 'cuz they are too selfish.
That's what i think :donttell:

We spend money on many things. Sometimes, it's spent on the things we need. And, sometimes, it's spent on the things that make us happy. I believe that's what wedding does...it makes us happy. If you have it to spend, then spend it on the wedding. If you don't, then spend it on what you need.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back