destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

The site below was seized by the government on 10/02/13, so i thot i'd share.

This isn't the first they've seized, and i'm sure it won't be the last.

If you know of others, please share a link to the story.

::

How FBI caught Ross Ulbricht, alleged creator of criminal marketplace Silk Road

From Wikipedia :

Silk Road (marketplace)

Silk Road was an online black market on the Deep Web. It was operated as a Tor hidden service, such that online users could browse it anonymously and securely without potential traffic monitoring. The website launched in February 2011; development had begun six months prior. Silk Road was an underground website sometimes called the "Amazon.com of illegal drugs" or the "eBay for drugs".

As of March 2013, the site had 10,000 products for sale by vendors. 70% were drugs that are considered contraband in most jurisdictions. 340 varieties of drugs were being sold, including heroin, LSD, and cannabis.

On October 2, 2013, Ross William Ulbricht, alleged by the FBI to be the owner of Silk Road and the person behind the pseudonym "Dread Pirate Roberts", was arrested in San Francisco on suspicion of drug trafficking, soliciting murder, facilitating computer hacking, and money laundering. On 4 October, Ulbricht appeared in federal court in San Francisco and denied all charges, whereupon the hearing was rescheduled for the 9th of October.

FBI seized over 26,000 BTC, which at the current price of $140 each, made more than $3.6 million. An FBI spokesperson said in an interview that they would hold the bitcoins until the judicial process finished and after that, they would liquidate them.

Click Here To Read More

:heart:

Destee

Don't do the crime, if you cant do the........

Piracy site IsoHunt to shut down and pay $110m

18 October 2013 - By Dave Lee
Technology reporter, BBC News

IsoHunt, a popular website offering BitTorrents of mostly pirated material, is to shut down following a court settlement.

The site's owner, Canadian Gary Fung, has agreed to pay $110m (£68m) to the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA).

The site is currently still online, but will soon be shut. It is one of the most popular sites of its kind on the internet.

He added: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race and I have remained faithful. 10.5 years of IsoHunt has been a long journey by any business definition and forever in internet start-up time.

Click Here To Read More

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back