Black Money Business Jobs : Wealth

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by Shikamaru, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    The term wealth began as the term weal meaning health, well-being, and happiness. Over time it has come to mean affluence.
    Wikipedia has an interesting article on wealth. This section stood out for me:
    To acquire wealth (as used in the modern sense) requires ownership of property (or resources) which produces revenue/income.

I also believe we may be conflating finance with economics and the terms contained therein both.​

I'm sure we all have our own personal definitions of and views on wealth.​

2. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    In my opinion dont think you can be wealthy unless you own 2 or more of the following: real properties, land, homes resources in abundance such as silver gold, diamonds or any other metal and precious stones of value. How do we know this? When a dictator is kicked out of a country whats the first thing they take? GOLD.... because it will never loose value under western values of greed and if you have enough of it u can buy absolutely anything.

3. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    This parallels to some degree my thoughts.
    In my opinion, one most have land, food, seeds, fuel, and other physicals to have wealth.
    Gold is the metal of the rich. I find silver to be far more accessible than gold. Silver is said to be the money of the people.

I will make distinction between public wealth and private wealth.