Higher Standard Required : We Will Provide Adult BabySitting Services if You Can't Moderate Yourself

Wusses cant help it. Moreover, why cant they just use the 'igg' function??????? I cant count on one hand over what, some 20 years?, the people I have felt compelled to report or put on ignore. And they were all klan or just psychotiuc. Some people act like someone from Mars not liking their comments are a matter of life and death. Will MsInterpret not liking my opinion affect my paycheck? Will my roof leak because because Destee wouldnt do blah blah blah? It's gotten to the point where debate is stifled because people have to walk on eggshells. If you dont like the convo between A and B, C your way out of that thread! There are plenty of other topics to deal with.

But this behavior has been encouraged over the years

Pretty much...I know it's not my problem when someone rats someone else's behavior out, but dayum...how old r we, that we can't handle an insult here an there? I mean I've had people say worse things to me in real life then on here and I never told on nobody...I kept it pushin...some people aren't "Built Ford Tough"

Pretty much...I know it's not my problem when someone rats someone else's behavior out, but dayum...how old r we, that we can't handle an insult here an there? I mean I've had people say worse things to me in real life then on here and I never told on nobody...I kept it pushin

Some of them arent even insults. The men dont lie thread, I posted as a joke. I know that there are some that put me on a hit list because of that. Just as I know that when as talked about my interaction with a female in my youth did the same. I have followers/stalkers who are there just because of that. Is it really that serious?!!? Some people need to get a life

As a substitute teacher I always have kids running up and tattle-telling on each other over the dumbest crap and it irritates the hell outta me...and 95% of the time I don't do anything about...and I just look at them and ask them, "so what do you want me to do about it?"..and they say, "I don't know" then the kids run of and they are fine...
I hate snitches who snitch for stupid reasons...It brings me back to the day this girl snitched on me in high school and said I tried to kill her with a pocket knife, which never happened...and I told that chick if she tells on me I'd come back and punch her in her face...And I kept my word...

Stop snitching and handle your grown self accordingly.

I'm done........................for now.
I'm talking about the ones who report violations all the time...they need to handle themselves.

I can see how you'd liken our situation to the scenario you presented above, but it doesn't match my experience with moderating in this community. While some may want to act like children, they are penalized for doing so. Our rules require for every Member to manage their own interactions to respectful ends, and not run to us to negotiate that for them. We don't do that for Members. In fact, repeated complaints about others, that could be managed by simply putting the Member on ignore, disengaging, walking away, etc., is expected. Repeated failures to do so, and then complaining about the end result, has consequence.

Making these calls aren't always easy or transparent to everyone watching, but i've been doing it a very long time and can almost do it with my eyes closed. It's no big deal. I'm pretty efficient at it, and invest minimal amounts of time resolving such issues.

It's good for a Member to report a violation. If they report it, they can learn what actually qualifies as a violation. Oftentimes, what one person thinks is a violation, is not a violation in this community. Our rules are unique to this community i believe, not standard, run of the mill forum rules ... especially with our high standards. So it's not always easy to even know if a thing is a violation or not. By asking, reporting, etc., a Member can learn this. If it's not a violation we'll let them know, which also lets them know that they need to thicken up their skin, or ignore that person, or whatever ... especially if it's okay for the Member to continue doing.

If it is a violation, they have every right to report it and expect the behavior to be stopped. That's at the core of our peace and purpose. It's what we're about. It's one of the things that distinguishes this community from all others, respectful interactions by all that take part here. There's no room for anything less, if we're to be true to our mission, and of course we are.

It's been an interesting 15 years. It's not always been the way it is now, smoother and easier. It was way hard in days gone by. We grew to this place and i'm happy we're here. The entire community has matured and become accustomed to high expectations and standards, and we have no trouble living up to them. I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's not easy bringing so many people together from different backgrounds, experiences, etc., requiring all to get along respectfully. It's never been easy. The simple fact that all religions are welcome, housed under the same roof, and all have to be respectful to each other ... well ... i don't know a whole lot of places even trying this ... let alone actually doing it, as we have all of our years. That's just religion, but you could pick any one of our many diverse topics, and like energy might apply. It's not easy, but it's worth the effort in my opinion. It's what is needed if we are are to get to the next level ... being able to respect each other ... recognizing the wealth that comes from our differences ... instead of using them to further divide ourselves up, as is done in most places.

Managing this community ... jeez ... i could write a book ... it's much more than what appears on the surface.

A wonderful vantage point i've had all of these years, and i'm honored by it all.

A great experience for the most part.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Kemetstry and MsInterpret ... yall are acting like folk are complaining too much ... and neither of you have received or fielded one complaint from any Member ... i don't understand ... where are you getting your information from ... who do you think is complaining so much ... snitching ... etc.?

what you are speaking on, you have no first hand knowledge of the things you're talking about ... you're guessing ... and i'm telling you that you're wrong ... even if you were right .. how can it bother you so ... when you don't have the work to do ... you don't have the issue to resolve ... you don't have the responsibility to take care of the problem ... nothing ... yet you're complaining as if you're tired of having to do the work ??

i don't get it ... why yall so mad ?

what you think is happening ... isn't even happening ... but you don't want to take my word for it ... the person who actually knows ... instead ... you want to complain about all the complaining ... and it doesn't even exist ... not to the degree yall are talking ... where it's a problem in any way, shape, form or fashion

i don't get it

Destee

Kemetstry and MsInterpret ... yall are acting like folk are complaining too much ... and neither of you have received or fielded one complaint from any Member ... i don't understand ... where are you getting your information from ... who do you think is complaining so much ... snitching ... etc.?

what you are speaking on, you have no first hand knowledge of the things you're talking about ... you're guessing ... and i'm telling you that you're wrong ... even if you were right .. how can it bother you so ... when you don't have the work to do ... you don't have the issue to resolve ... you don't have the responsibility to take care of the problem ... nothing ... yet you're complaining as if you're tired of having to do the work ??

i don't get it ... why yall so mad ?

what you think is happening ... isn't even happening ... but you don't want to take my word for it ... the person who actually knows ... instead ... you want to complain about all the complaining ... and it doesn't even exist ... not to the degree yall are talking ... where it's a problem in any way, shape, form or fashion

i don't get it

Destee

But we aren't telling on any specific person...that's the difference...we are speaking in general and overall our experience here of other users....And if you feel you know better then that's fine...but it's not just certain people reporting violations it's just them going in other threads whinning about what happened in another thread over and over...Kem, knows what I'm talking about...

I'm not mad....not at all...Just think how it's dumb that people can't just suck it up sometimes when getting into a debate with someone and an insult is thrown here an there...people on this site throw underlining, camouflaged insults ALL the time...Its happened to me (only difference is I don't tell)...so yeah I see it firsthand...So when someone actually is caught calling a person a name or insulting them to the point that it's apparent evidence that's when they run and tell...that's the issue at hand.

They wanna throw insults, but they can't take one.

And yes respect should be given...but how can you expect to be respected when you over here throwin insults at people yourself?...and then tell on someone?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back