Black People : We will not unify/ because we love to hate

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Plain and simple, and there are 36 million Black folks in this nation of a particular religion who the majority of are not religious,

but are hated day and night because of their religion,

moreso by their own Black folks even more then white supremacy.

Sad to see that

when Willie Lynch died,
we have been trying to bring him back to life ever since

We do not love to hate Ankhur.

We are hurt and in need of healing.

Have you been reading the recent posts here?

I know it's long, but one that may help you understand is Ms Interpret's posts about segregation versus intergration or segregation.

I will post snippets from what I have wrote there.
'Curtailing negative behavior' is not the same as innate corruption, badness, selfishness and greed...

It is learned later in life through your life experiences when you experience scarcity, lack, power, control, and basically just trying to maneuver you way through life.

I'm raising kids.... I've never had to curtail corruption or badness.

What I've seen.... even with teenagers that most people just say have an aversion to being corrected.... that they want to please, they want to elicit a smile, a laugh, a hug, or some kinda positive response out of you. It is the nature of human beings to want more of what feels good and less of what feels negative, and that is innate. So children naturally gravitate to that which feels good - getting positive responses from their parents feels good. Since it feels good, then it reasons that they want to do MORE of whatever it is that gets that positive response from their parents.

In this instance, I didn't have to teach goodness or curtail corruption and greed and negative behavior. I had to guide them in the ways that would make mommy happy so they can keep getting these positive responses out of me. I also had to balance this with their need to explore.

For instance: Children like to bang thangs. Anywhere. Or on anyone. They bang the rattle upside a kid's head. The kid cries.
Cause and effect - I bang rattle on person and person cries.
That is EXPLORATION of cause and effect.

This child does not yet know they have done a 'bad' thing.

Oh shoot, now here comes parent/guardian to scream at baby toddler and look mean and angry and maybe hit the toddler.
Another cause and effect but this one doesn't feel good. Baby wants to avoid this bad feeling. They cry too now because they don't understand and they have been hurt. Why is parent causing the baby pain instead of smiling, laughing, and giving kisses? This is what baby wants.

Baby eventually learns that hitting kid upside the head causes anger in parent, and crying in other baby and seeks to avoid it. But how? Because it is a baby's nature to explore at the same time.

What to do? Guide baby to bang rattle on objects instead of people. Take the baby's hand with the rattle and bang it on the table and give and smile and give baby kisses. Take rattle when it is banged on people and give baby no attention. Human nature allows that whatever is positive and good - you want more of. Bad - you want less. Baby eventually learns what leads to feelings of good.

Does selfishness, greed, and corruption lead to feelings of good?... in a baby? They have not even learned this yet. That also requires manipulation and control.... which is something they can learn... but again that is a learned trait, not something one is born with.
West African Adinkra

sank_lg.gif
sank2_lg.gif

Sankofa – Reach Back Get It

Learn from the Past​

When I had my first child in particular, I love him immensely, but I was not a very good parent. I would dare to say I was even abusive.

I was hurt, and hurt people hurt people. Hurt people commonly hurt people who are the most weak and the most vulnerable. What I describe in the post you gave kudos too – is how it should be done, but was not something I had did because that takes patience and understanding of self. When you don’t understand yourself or why you do things, then you are subject to erratic and volatile behaviors due to bad circumstances or things happening your life that you don’t know how to handle or control. You lack patience. When one has kids, you’re not really looking to guide your kids, but looking for a quick remedy to make them behave and punish wrongdoing. It’s easier and quicker to whup a child, knock them upside the head, holla and scream and all that because its quick and it’s effective… effective in the short run.

When I say KNOW YOURSELF and THE ANSWER COMES FROM WITHIN I am not just whistling dixie or sprouting off useless platitudes. I am straight serious and my experience mirrors what I say. Not only does my experiences mirrors what I say, but I have the knowledge, understanding, and fortitude to make those connections........

I’m hurting my children, why? What’s wrong with me?

I’m doing because I feel like crap. I’m hurting and I don’t know what to do or how to handle it. My toddler is crying and I don’t wanna hear it. Anger explodes and it’s quicker and easier to SMACK them down. Now they cry louder. Why do they want this attention from me? I am not interested in giving attention. Pinch them and watch them cry harder. OK, let them scream, I don’t care.

Why am I am hurting?

I am hurting because of what happened yesterday. Why was yesterday so bad? Because (this) happened, and I am tired of this happening. This has been happening since I was a kid. When I was kid, this was happening to me by family and friends and I wanted so much for it to be different. I thought it would be different, and yet I attracted the same kinda crap just in a different situation. Why did I attract this?

Well, what happened when I was younger?

My family didn’t treat me right. They made me hurt. Constantly.

Why were my family and friends doin this to me or acting this way?

Well my moms……..had problems…. and raised me in that way. Not a good way.

And my dad……. had problems and raised me…. in no way.

Why did my parents have problems?

My grandparents…. had problems… and raised my parents in that way…. not a good way.

So as a child, how did this make me feel? What did I want different? What was I lacking? How could that have changed me?

:thinking:

Well you know what? It’s time for me to be the change I want to be. I gotta try to do better. Different. What do I want from my kids? Do I want them to grow up with the same feelings that I had about myself and my family when was younger?

No, because then they will act like (this) and that’s not good. I know because that’s exactly how I acted when I felt that way. Taking note of personal cause and effect.

So now I know what I was lacking that cause me to do this behavior as a child, and later as a mother. How do I change it? What do I do?

I do the opposite of the way I was brought up. Try to instill what I felt I was lacking or missing. Take note of how it affects me and my children. Watch the children. Do you like happy smiling children? Or do you like mean, angry, crying children? Definitely the former… take note and keep fostering that. Keep fostering until they get it and put it in the next generation.

Sankofa – Reach back and get it.

Learn from the past.

This is something I try to do personally but this is something we could learn to do collectively. We HURT. BADLY! But we ain’t really looking within to find the answers for change. We aint looking at our history and finding out how it affects us and our people. Some of us scared because it forces us to look at thangs we don’t wanna look at…. like with me hitting and pinching my children. Who wants to look at something like that? But we gotta. That’s what they do in therapy. We need mass collective therapy. But really…. We can be our own therapist and foster our own healing. Just look within.

We just gotta be OPEN and understanding of our own history, and not be scared of what we did. The propensity for change is great.

Sankofa – Reach back and get it.

Learn from the past.
The City is Saint Louis is not incorporated into a county.

I heard that's kinda rare, even New York City is in 5 counties or something like that. But this city runs it's own and it's not in a county.

The city is abou 55% black overall, heavily concentrated into the north coridor. The city has their own police force. The city is having financial and economic trouble and thinking of joining forces with Saint Louis County to expand their finacial and economic capacities.

I don't like the idea. Why? Because STL has a residency requirement - it says that to be apart of city government you have live in the city. That means if you live outside the city, you have about 4 months to relocate or else you loose your job. In STL county, which is made up of about 94 munipalities, there is no residency requirement and you don't have live in any these counties to be on the police force. You can even live in neighboring Illinois to be on the PD force.

Problem is, the city got problems with crime and recruitment of police officers. Many people want to be on the city PD force but don't want to live in STL city. That's not good because historically when folks live outside a black community and police it, things can get harsh. The outsiders don't care about the community and have less interest and focus in it. Local police seem to care more, have a more vested interest in the community, and do things that are more pro-reactive. Outisders are usually just about PUNISHMENT AND CONTROL.

But what is a nearly dying city with criminal and finacial problems to do? Incorporate or struggle? I don't think they have to do either but the local government is fragmented, the local mayor cares nothing about STL city (he's white, racist, and elitist), and there's a lot of nepotism and crap going around between the police and the mayor.

I love STL city. Born and raised there since I was 12, and then been in a county suburb all the rest of my life. But I always keep up on city politics, hoping to move back when I can.

But my point is - here is a community that really does have it's own force! With members of the police chosen from the community... they just need more to join! They need proper leadership, accountability, and proper interactions between the police, the people, the community, and the local gov.

Like I said, much of what we say we want, we already got! We just aint utilyzing it to its fullest potential. Local police officers, good black ones brought up in the community and who care about it, are being SHOT by thugs and taken down, like local officer Norvelle Brown......

norvelle-brown.jpg

Last night, another young brother lost his life in the black neighborhood. In a black neighborhood in north Saint Louis city late at night officer Norvelle Brown, twenty two and not on the force an entire year...Although he was wearing a bullet proof vest, the bullet entered his arm pit, lodged in his lung, and pierced an artery. The young police officer was able to call for help and was rushed to hospital... but Officer Brown was declared dead.

....when the topic of conversation turned to what happened to Officer Brown..... The unanimous conclusion was that being a police officer is a seriously difficult job and none of us wanted to be one. Good cops aren’t appreciated enough for what they do. Bad cops make it difficult for everyone else. Black people need to do something to take back our community. And if half of the things we heard about Officer Brown were true then the black community truly lost one of the good guys.

http://brotherpeacemaker.wordpress.com/2007/08/17/officer-norvelle-brown/

Cause and effect. I DO NOT like police officers, but we caint keep doing this to our people and eliminating those who try to care and help us. We cain't keep eliminating those WHO ARE US! That just leaves the white racist cops with the 'shoot first, they are all thugs!' attitude.

But why was officer Brown shot by one of our own people? Because we are hurting. My people are hurting like I was hurting and like I'm still hurting... just manifesting that hurt in a different and hopefully more productive way than I use too. But those who shot Brown are don't know how to manage their hurt. Everybody needs healing, but how do we heal and teach healing and spread healing? THAT'S the question. For if we could, we could really take back these communities and run it ourselves like we want to.... but we are too hurt to do it or even to know how to do it.

We already got the black communities. We got the police force. We got the schools. We just have to learn and know how to RUN IT.

I think a lot of people fall off when threads get long, I know I do or I just dont bother to look if they are long and i wasn't in it from the beginning. Or maybe I'm just not interested in that particular thread. But sometimes, you do manage to miss some things that would help you see and understand what going on with the world and our people in particular.

If you want to check out what you been missing, click the little blue squares with the white arrows and it direct you these posts and more in the context of which they were written.

But I think I've made my point. Many of us are just hurt. Hurt people who have not been healed hurt people, including themselves.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back