Black People : we so tough

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Aug 23, 2004.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    as I'm reading these threads I'm struck by how hard the bros are.
    so tough, so angry, so quick to throw down and call out.
    with young black warriors like this, it's a wonder we were ever oppressed as a people.
    with all the thugs standing around, how can the white police come in and snatch up anyone they please?
    seems like the institutions of white racist power should have long ago crumpled under a wave of bombings from these die hard "bros".
    what's up. dawg?
    :peace:

2. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I see the same thing at times, I thought I was just being sensitive. (especially when comments seem to be less favorable of women)

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    i feel ya on this what seem so hard is just a notion
    really a cream puff .......so speaketh SADIEEEEE!!!!

4. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    It's easy to be hard on the internet dog....any boy on the net will tell you he done already whooped the overseer two or three times....man there was some hard cats back in the day being hard dont' have nothing to do with the Black situation as it pertains to our oppression in America. I have a picture of this dude at his lynching, he's already been whipped and badly..and in the picture he's standing there staring in the camera like I can't say the words here but the first word starts with F and the second word ends with u...then the second picture of the postcard is one of him actually getting stretched out...think man this dude knew he was about to be hemmed up and didn't give a good one.....thats' hard ..and has nothing to do with our oppression hard men fought but we were plugged into a system that had already been through R&D and it worked and is still working ..but you know as well as I do that most of them cats you see standing around the store or corner or whatever all day ain't hard man...dont' let the mean mug fool you...lol....they like lite beer..
    Mississippi Red :grin:

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    that's what I'm talking about.
    why don't we all just exhale and show some love.
    let's stop being so hard toward each other, we're not hard when the man comes so why be hard toward each other?
    i maintain that if we had so many true thugs we would not be so oppressed and bullied in this country.
    so until you have fought the white racists, please don't come at your people with all this hard stuff.
    it's getting a little old. :yo:

6. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well, Amen to that one! I had a discussion with my father recently, and I commented that my generation is so angry, and most of us don't know why...... If we could take half of that anger, and use it constructively, we'd own this country.. or at least a state or two..... :)

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother James, great post, great suggestions... Same to you Toylin... I think it is a young male thang, an "insecure about my identity" kinda thang(smile!) Most of the time when I am around the young cats, and I think they're playin' me a little too close, I just make that eye contact, and it's ovah... Don't want none of that(LOL!)

But its cool... I've been young, dumb, and hotheaded myself, so I understand... Like you said, we ALL need to just exhale with the young cats, and let 'em grow into themselves... When they learn that they're not invincible anymore, and begin to value their lives a bit more, they'll appreciate it with a smile or two(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Well that depends. Everybody is different....some of us not that young and have lived things and possibly do things in the dark of night that would spin your cap in regards to white people. That's all I can say on that...taking the 5th.

9. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Yall right dog, I love yall man...lol....for real though it's a trip talking to some of these younger cats man....want to be swelling all up on folk sometime and some of them are really good folk man just a starting to feel themselves but some of them boys you have to give em the ripe watermelon treatment....split em wide open....I'd rather be hard on the education and economic empowerment side dog...screw the streets man I've put in time out there and it hasn't gotten me anywhere..except at the back of the line now 34 trying to catch up while dealing with some bad habits and anger/agression issues.....we just have to show the younguns that being hard ain't cool my potna Brian Disco Kid Foster was hard and all it got him was a extra hole in his fohead and his throat slit open, my first cousin was hard and we was road dogs fa sho but all it got him was a all expenses paid lifelong trip to Parchman Farm...nothing glamorus bout getting shot, stabbed, put in a cage, losing potnas, family and messing up your own mental state from doing some of that dirty to folk... every now and then one of the cats I holla at will come up to me and really want some help man ...I guess saving one at a time is all we can ask for....now if I could only completely save myself...

Mississippi Red :smokin: