Black Relationships : We Should Probably Stop Blaming the Crime Rate on Single Mothers

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
During the second Presidential debate last month, Mitt Romney suggested that one way to reduce Aurora, Colorado-style mass assault weapon shootings would be to encourage everyone to just get married before they have babies. Blaming single parents for violence has long been a dog whistle talking point of the family values set, since the phrase "single parents" actually means "single mothers," and "single mothers" means "poor women." But now, it seems that some new data from Washington, DC is challenging that long-held assertion that the out of control vaginas of the 47% are leading to big, slutty crime rates — over the last 20 years, the murder rate in the District has dropped 75%, while the percentage of single mothers has remained steady. Sorry you got blamed for all that murder, poor ladies.

Read more

http://jezebel.com/5963593/we-should-probably-stop-blaming-the-crime-rate-on-single-mothers

Ok, there's more...

Racism White Supremacy, Black Feminism, Single Black Motherhood, The Destruction of the Black Family, and the Myth of the Black Matriarchy

I become enraged when ever I hear Black People, especially, especially “conscious” Black People (and I’m putting emphasis on that) blaming Black Women for the ills of the Black Community with such outrageous statements like, “Black Feminism destroyed the Black Family,” “Black Single Mothers Are Messing Up the Race,” and “The Black Woman has “emasculated” the Black Man.” Many Black Women and I’m one of are just plum freaking tired of Black People with this foolish talk. Black People have ABSOLUTELY NO POWER Under the System Of Racism White Supremacy, so blaming the Black Woman for the Black Community’s ills is inaccurate and illogical in a society that is patriarchal, anti-black, and anti-woman. It will serve the “community” no purpose, but bring about more divisiveness and alienate Black Women. I just don’t understand for Christ’s sake why Black People keep repeating these lies and myths over, and over, and over again. Oh, I do know why……cause of the Black Community’s extreme internalized racism (INTRA-racism) and misogynoir towards the Black Woman.

Read more
https://tiredsista.wordpress.com/20...-family-and-the-myth-of-the-black-matriarchy/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back