Black Relationships : We Should Probably Stop Blaming the Crime Rate on Single Mothers

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Liberty, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,214
    During the second Presidential debate last month, Mitt Romney suggested that one way to reduce Aurora, Colorado-style mass assault weapon shootings would be to encourage everyone to just get married before they have babies. Blaming single parents for violence has long been a dog whistle talking point of the family values set, since the phrase "single parents" actually means "single mothers," and "single mothers" means "poor women." But now, it seems that some new data from Washington, DC is challenging that long-held assertion that the out of control vaginas of the 47% are leading to big, slutty crime rates — over the last 20 years, the murder rate in the District has dropped 75%, while the percentage of single mothers has remained steady. Sorry you got blamed for all that murder, poor ladies.

Read more

http://jezebel.com/5963593/we-should-probably-stop-blaming-the-crime-rate-on-single-mothers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :SuN013:

3. SouthsideIrish

SouthsideIrish Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +348
    There is more to crime then murder. Single moms, black, white, green or yellow are gonna have a harder time raising well adjusted, responsible,stable,healthy God fearing children.

Period. End of story.

4. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,214
    *smh*

I'm gonna put you on a time out...LOL

5. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,214
    Ok, there's more...

Racism White Supremacy, Black Feminism, Single Black Motherhood, The Destruction of the Black Family, and the Myth of the Black Matriarchy

I become enraged when ever I hear Black People, especially, especially “conscious” Black People (and I’m putting emphasis on that) blaming Black Women for the ills of the Black Community with such outrageous statements like, “Black Feminism destroyed the Black Family,” “Black Single Mothers Are Messing Up the Race,” and “The Black Woman has “emasculated” the Black Man.” Many Black Women and I’m one of are just plum freaking tired of Black People with this foolish talk. Black People have ABSOLUTELY NO POWER Under the System Of Racism White Supremacy, so blaming the Black Woman for the Black Community’s ills is inaccurate and illogical in a society that is patriarchal, anti-black, and anti-woman. It will serve the “community” no purpose, but bring about more divisiveness and alienate Black Women. I just don’t understand for Christ’s sake why Black People keep repeating these lies and myths over, and over, and over again. Oh, I do know why……cause of the Black Community’s extreme internalized racism (INTRA-racism) and misogynoir towards the Black Woman.

Read more
    https://tiredsista.wordpress.com/20...-family-and-the-myth-of-the-black-matriarchy/

6. SouthsideIrish

SouthsideIrish Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +348
    Here what ya do..

You go to grade school and try. Then you do the same in high school. There are shite tons of scholarship opportunities for minorities. My wife took the low cost method and went to 2 jrs of junior college and pretty much took out loans to pay 90% of the final 2 years. Now she's a teacher.

What is really so hard about any of this?

7. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,214
    Wtf are you talking about? And how does it relate to this thread? Are you trying to give advice? LOL

*side eye*

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126

95% of all prison inmates come from those homes.

The CDC, FBI and U of M crime studies all track it and say so.

The majority of those homes don't get married

They have repeated oow births because they think that's the norm

Majority of drug abuse come from those homes

I can go on and on.

Who else is the spawn of the problem then?

9. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,214
    The OP answers your questions.

1) .....over the last 20 years, the murder rate in the District has dropped 75%, while the percentage of single mothers has remained steady

2) University of Maryland professor Philip Cohen notes that media outlets have attributed the recent drop in DC's murder rate to a rise in average income and improved law enforcement

3) Cohen points out that while children of single parents are statistically more likely to commit crimes (Say it with me, folks:),correlation is not causation. That is, the fact that children of single parents (usually mothers) are more likely to commit crimes isn't simply because their mother has a naked ring finger and a giant, invisible scarlet A pinned on her child's birth certificate; other, more important factors are in play. Poverty, crappy education, wide availability of guns, the drug trade all contribute to crime in a much larger way than simply not having a dad does.

10. LookingForward

LookingForward Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +148
    A relationship is a two way street. The lady and her man have an equal duty to raise the child in a manner that will heighten the chances of that child to prosper when he/she grows up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • False False x 1
    • List