Black People : We Need Truly Balanced Approaches When We Comment On Our Peoples Options In General:

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Aug 24, 2016.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Also some here always need to be far more respectful whenever they air personal criticisms of other blacks in particular via these various forums...

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Balance is in the eye of the beholder, Bro. Chuck, in my opinion. As for me, I find balance here all the time. Posters present their opinions and if others don't agree or want to show a different perspective on the topic, they will present their opinion by adding to the discussion. The problem is, when there is disagreement, how posters treat each other.

Some posters don't like it and become hyper-critical when someone disagrees with their point of view. It's as though we should all think alike and follow the Black assembly line. If you have an opposing view, then shut up because no one wants to hear it because they find it disturbing. Then they resort to name calling or trying to cyber-force you to admit that you aren't Black or you must be a supporter of the individual or idea that they don't support. To call into questions one's race, is an insult and a form of cyber-bullying.

Then we have posters that block you if they don't like what you're saying. It's as if free speech isn't allowed. The irony though is you can read all over this website where posters are chanting in favor of Black unity but they actually are promoting segregation. My opinion? I've been oppressed enough by a white supremacist system, don't need a Black one on top of it trying to do the same thing.

Where is the room for healthy debate? The free exchange of opinions and ideas? The respect for diversity among Black people? Are we here to always agree because we're Black?

The beauty I find here at Destee is that there is balance in the discussion. It just so happens for the most part there is agreement among us. What gets interesting, is when there isn't. We have a lot of growing to do.

Thank you for starting this thread.

:heart:

3. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Message received and understood!