Black Entertainment : We need Rescue from Hip Hop and Rap.

Nugget

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2006
I am hoping that Hip Hop and Rap will soon fade away and we can get back to some musical talent. I don't mean to hurt anyone's artistic sense but this Hip Hop music is bad news.

First off I don't like the name of it. Hip Hop reminds me of some third grade reading book about the easter bunny going hippity hop down the bunny trail. It envokes somewhat retarded and juvenile images of black children hippoty hoppitying around some class room.

And Rap music. I notice that there is no harmonic variance to this music. It seems very primitive to me. I hear cars coming down the street going "Boom! Boom! Boom!" The key never changes. There seems to be no inventive harmonies to it. Actually it all seems like the same darn song to me. I hear a Thud Thump Thud Thump . It seems that music appreciation among many blacks has just been reduced to the loud incessant THUMP of a bass drum.

Isn't this fade of Boom! Boom! Boom! primitive? Isn't this a degradation of black talent into some stone age thumping? Where's the talent in this stuff?

"Hip" "Hop" reminds me of "boom" "bap" which is, of course, the original rap music of the culture.
There's a mile long thread on the subject though. You're certainly not alone in your sentiment.
Nugget said:
I notice that there is no harmonic variance to this music. It seems very primitive to me. I hear cars coming down the street going "Boom! Boom! Boom!" The key never changes. There seems to be no inventive harmonies to it.
Thought is a frequency. I would argue that the music reflects that frequency and vice versa.

we need rescue...

i too am no fan of hip-hop or rap,but this is an evolution in music and this too shall past because above all else black people get BORED after awhile and start looking for the NEXT BIG THING and that certainly pertaines to music where taste change it seems overnight,just as our parents didn't like most of the message songs of the late sixties-early seventies so we have today's message in rap and hip-hop,with a teen in the house i get to hear a bit of these songs and altough most of it is crap there are afew ok lyrics among the wreckage,so i say to those of you who like myself come from an era when music was sung by people who could ACTUALLY SING,don't listen to those songs but find an oldies station or if you have them put on those old classics close the doors and relive those golden days of yesteryear,it works for me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back