Black People Politics : We need National Black Unity now more then ever!

I see a lot going on, and I feel like that's what's coming.
What would Black unity look like today? I think it needs to be many voices and not just one or even a few like in the 1960s and 70s. We don't need leaders, we just need to lead. It can't be about politics, it needs to be about a social justice that we dictate the parameters of. We already know that when a movement develops, the opposition will work 24/7 to divide us, humiliate us and turn the country and the world against us. Don't believe me? Look at what Trump is doing to Reps. Omar and Tlaib. We should not allow this to happen. Our strength will be in our numbers where when one gets attacked, we all attack back. We can disagree on politics, religion and who we love, but when they go for them, just remember, they'll be coming for you next.

1565956351323.png

What would Black unity look like today? I think it needs to be many voices and not just one or even a few like in the 1960s and 70s.

I agree. I do think it needs a different face than in the 60s and 70s. Technology alone begs for this.

We don't need leaders, we just need to lead. It can't be about politics, it needs to be about a social justice that we dictate the parameters of.

I think we need our men to be leaders. However many of them need to lead at any one time. Again, I don't think it should be the same as before, because we've learned that if we put all our strength behind one person, once they go for him, we'll fall apart. So having many at a time, switching order, doing what they're best at doing, would benefit us and keep them guessing.

We already know that when a movement develops, the opposition will work 24/7 to divide us, humiliate us and turn the country and the world against us. Don't believe me? Look at what Trump is doing to Reps. Omar and Tlaib. We should not allow this to happen.

Oh, I believe. And I wonder how many are prepared to take the backlash. Some seem so invested in whites making us the face for everyone's rights they are scared to fight for their own rights because they know white people will immediately demonize them, call them racist, selfish, etc.

Our strength will be in our numbers where when one gets attacked, we all attack back. We can disagree on politics, religion and who we love, but when they go for them, just remember, they'll be coming for you next.

This is another reason why the movement can't be the same. Because there are so many differing opinions on just how to live life, so some won't take to some leaders while others will.

But, as you say, the point needs to be backing each other regardless because we know, them going for one, means they come for all.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back