Black People : We need everyone to make change happen

I'm guilty!!!

I agree with your points. But i also have to point out that there have been music in the past that made us think, called us to arms etc, without the language. There are plenty of music that I would like for the young ones in my family to listen to, nut I nor their parents like the over the top foul language. I thin we have to make a distinction between good, and informative rap, vs garbage. Also, as you said, YT is pushing a certain image.

Case and point. When this song came out up here, these white folk couldn't get enough of it. They even had Afroman on, praising him for such a "wonderful" song. Now when they would play this song, they always faded is out on the part where is was saying what the consequences of getting high did to him. They obviously didn't want folks to hear that. I didn't care if Yt didn't here it, but we didn't here it either.

Peace!

I agree with you in that I don't let my grand kids listen to the foul mouth rap music of today. When I hang out with my children any of the 8 (my youngest is 19 my oldest is 33 )I am exposed to every type of music out. I find that a lot of the music that has cursing in it still has a positive message, I can relate,I curse a lot in my every day dialect. Make no mistake even the garbage rappers can change. Remember early Malcolm/dirty red and who he became.

I agree with you in that I don't let my grand kids listen to the foul mouth rap music of today. When I hang out with my children any of the 8 I am exposed to every type of music out. I find that a lot of the music that has cursing in it still has a positive message, I can relate,I curse a lot in my every day dialect. Make no mistake even the garbage rappers can change. Remember early Malcolm/dirty red and who he became.
:toast:

On point bruh...

In the past, and now, I let my kids listen to rap that has a message. The lyrics are at a point that i can tolerate because I want them to be enlightened.

This one I played for my kids,nephew, and nieces. I did it because a few of their friends life ended by one or two of these ways. My nephew had a friend that was found shot in the head five times. He was into something my nephew said but didn't know exactly what.

So when it comes down to it, I rather they hear some cussin, then to be blind sided by life. You made a good point, we have to find tools to reach them. With you and I it was Marvin, Temp, etc.. But they ain't bumpin those songs anymore.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back