Black Poetry : We Need A Family Meeting!

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Destee, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Good Morning Everyone,

Now yall know I got issues. I have to have one or two in order to do some of the stuff I do, like call this Family meeting. Okay, so yall know I got 'em and if you didn't know I had 'em, you know now. Having said that ... Why yall aint coming to our own birthday party and playing our own games!!! :confused:

I'm sure some of you saw my pitiful outburst of emotion that I had put at the top of our forum home page. A desperate cry for love is what that was. After waking up this morning and seeing it there I thought dang gurl ... you aint gotta let everyone who visits us know you got issues ... keep that kinda stuff in the house! Okay. So I decided to have this more private family meeting instead.

Now those who have worked to make this party possible (the Family Members that have given gifts, the Moderators and myself) aren't getting anything in return, other than the joy of having fun with our family. Acts of kindness yall, from our hearts. I am not quite understanding why after 3 full days of games, only a handful of our Family is showing any birthday love.

I was concerned after day one but Bishop told me not to worry, that day one was a holiday and things will pick up ... well ... things are still kinda slow. Blak posted a public service announcement and $$RICH$$ mentioned that many of you viewed it, but wondered why no one responded. N2urSoul wrote in a thread in the Birthday Forum that she's concerned by week 4, her week, that momentum will have died and no one will be interested in playing her games.

I tend to take things personally, another one of my issues, but as this week has progressed I've thought, well ... gosh ... they're not only being mean to me, but their being mean to Blak too (since it's his week) so I don't gotta take this as personal as I thought.

Are yall trying to tell us something? We've put a lot into this and have 4 more weeks of effort to go. With such an obvious lack of interest, I'd be inclined to discontinue, but there are a few Family Members that are playing and have indicated how much they are enjoying the party. So for that reason (and others) I will see this through to the end.

There are quite a few peaces of poetry in this forum that address the issue of us supporting each other, giving back to our community, showing love to each other, lifting each other up, encouraging each other, and here now, when no money is required, there doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of love being given. Was all of that just "poetry?"

Is there something we are doing wrong? Why aren't yall playing with us? Please help me understand.

Destee

2. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    ".....There are quite a few peaces of poetry in this forum that address the issue of us supporting each other, giving back to our community, showing love to each other, lifting each other up, encouraging each other, and here now, when no money is required, there doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of love being given. Was all of that just "poetry?"

With all do respect AND love to you and the wonderful Poets who came up with the games and who are participating in them, I must answer the question by saying YES!!! it is just poetry. I cannot speak for every Poet who is not participating, but perhaps people wish for their involvement with the site be limited to reading and posting poetry...That is where their participation begins and ends.

You have done nothing wrong. I'm sure everyone in this family of Poets appreciates the hard work, fellowship and fun you and the other Poets have encouraged by the games. I know I do.

I think the love, sharing of ideas, and interaction between this beautiful family is in the poetry. For those not participating in the games that may be enough for them.

BE

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank you Heartbeat for responding and helping me to understand better. It's so easy for me to take things personally, as I mentioned above, so knowing what you've shared does much for my heart :::sigh::: :)

I hope others will share their views with me as well.

There's nothing like an understanding.

Destee

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Something else just came to mind Heartbeat ...

You, better than most, know how literally some folk (me) take the poetry they read. I thought I'd learned my lesson ... guess not :wink:

:)

5. emax

emax Well-Known Member MEMBER

Network Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1
    I gotta agree with Heartbeat here, some are satisfied with only viewing and posting poetry. despite the attendance at the party, I feel the support here is geniune. Here's my scope, My "online" time is limited so when I do get on I REALLY want to read what the poets are putting out there so it takes time away from other things. Between checking e-mail and destee, supporting poets on destee always comes first.

The games this week were great

Blakverb-Thank you for making my brain work a little harder than usual :shades:

6. klabarron

klabarron Well-Known Member MEMBER

USAFR Training Technician
    Ratings:
    +6
    Destee-love. it a wonderful thing. all that you are doing.

my issue, quite honelty, is i am a novice. i just started writing some 11 months ago. while i have already done my first book and have drafts on several more, i am really still wet behind the proverbial ears. i had no idea how to answer the questions in posed in the games. i am "poetically ignorant!" its' hard to admit - but the brotha' has to do some serious reading to even get a thumbnail of the knowledge i read being passed around on the forum. i as simply a novice. i had no idea how to answer - no even the public enemy question and i loved PE. so i guess it's just a bit over my head....

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank you for letting me vent and not be sorry that I posted this message. Your responses are wonderful and are soothing my heart ... yes ... this is good ... Thank You !! :)

looking forward to more ...

8. Danilyn

Danilyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Destee~
    I just wanted to say that I for one enjoy the games. I am lucky in that I have plenty of time to get online and do what I want so I like to support the games and the moderators who come up with them. I am a competitive person, so when a challenge is presented before me I am more than willing to accept. Granted, I don't know much about famous poets. I just like to write what I feel and I love to read what the fam puts out. In my opinion, any one of us in this forum could be famous in our own right. I just researched the questions through the net and surprisingly, alot of the answers are just a few keystrokes away. Maybe people don't realize that it's just that simple...
    Please don't be offended by the lack of participation. Maybe people need time to just warm up to the idea. I for one will continue to play even if I'm the only one playing. Thank you for creating a place where I feel totally at home :)

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank You Danilyn !!! :)

I'm so okay now! Really truly. Sometimes just getting it out is all that is really needed, but I've had the great fortune of being able to get it out and receive these responses assuring me that all is well. God is Good.

Thanks for being a part of this family. :heart:

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    ME MYSELF

I love reading others yet i love to write
    but as a member of destee i also feel
    that in this place her site we all have
    come to know each other as family