Black People : WE MUST SEEK TO FIND, WHEN OUR: WEST-AFRICAN NEW YEAR STARTS

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    AS THE CHILDREN OF THE MOTHER OF CIVILIZATION,

WE NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT OUR YEAR IS, JUST LIKE THE CHINESE KNOW THEIRS

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    MAINLY IN WEST AFRIKAN SPIRITUALITY ... THE NEW YEAR CONSIST OF FESTIVALS AND CELEBRATIONS CENTERED AROUND THE SPRING EQUINOX WHICH IS SPRING , SINCE SPRING BRING FORTH LIFE.

3. Seneb

Seneb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,187
    The next spring equinox is the real deal!

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Thanks both Brothers, hopefully someone will write in with an aproximate year, such as the Chinese have.

The Fulani and Mandinka trace our heritage back 30,000 years oral history

5. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    Well, This my POV based on what I know about our history. Unless you know exactly what clan you came from that's virtually impossible.

Different clans had different practices concerning the New Years.

Unless you know exactly what clan you came from . It depended on what god they worshipped.

I just copied and pasted from Brother Keitas thread basically about the same thing. Should we or should we collectively celebrate the New years. I'm being lazy, so forgive me. But I think it pertains to your thread as well.

Please omit the why or why not. Peace

New years is not a religious holiday. Unlike Christmas, Easter and holidays that have pagan roots.

It's clear what New years represents TO MAN. So in that aspect whether or not one celebrates it. Is up to the individual.

No one is more against the western culture practices then I. **smile** However, IMHO forcing others is not productive to the "US".

Not to mention that ancient calendars varied but most went by the moon and solar system. Which in fact we still go by.

The ancient civil Egyptian calendar had a year that was 365 days long and was divided into 12 months of 30 days each, plus 5 extra days (epagomenes, Greek ἐπαγόμεναι) at the end of the year.The first inundation according to the calendar was observed in Egypt's first capital, Memphis, at the same time as the heliacal rising of Sirius.

The Egyptian year was divided into the three seasons of akhet (Inundation), peret (Growth - Winter) and shemu (Harvest - Summer).

They had what you call a seasonal year and an civil year.

So if you choose to go by those calendars what would you actually celebrate and would that still be considered paganism ?? As they had many gods at the time which dictated their calender year ??

Now, You have to also consider when its summer in one part of the world it's winter in the other part of the world , So I dare ask ?? If you personally celebrated the New years, What date or time should we celebrate that's in union world wide ??

Example of ancient Egyptians Gods played a role in their calender year:

A tablet from the reign of First Dynasty King Djer (c. 3000 BC) was conjectured by early Egyptologists to indicate that the Egyptians had already established a link between the heliacal rising of Sirius (Egyptian Sopdet, Greek Sothis), and the beginning of the year. However, more recent analysis of the pictorial scene on this tablet has questioned whether it actually refers to Sothis at all[1]. Current knowledge of this period remains a matter more of speculation than of established fact.

The Egyptians may have used a lunar calendar at an earlier date, but when they discovered the discrepancy between the lunar calendar and the actual passage of time, they probably switched to a calendar based on the Nile inundation. The first inundation according to the calendar was observed in Egypt's first capital, Memphis, at the same time as the heliacal rising of Sirius.

Deepest respect to you my brother. But we have to take baby steps first. We are not in a position mentally to fight every battle. As we will be weary for the battle that count. I encourage US to celebrate what you want , but know exactly what and why you are celebrating it and the choice belongs to them.

To want true freedom , we have to have a taste for it.

My 3 cents

Peace and deepest respect !!

btw: I personally celebrate 3 holidays every year , June-teeth, New Years day ( Eve actually ) And the entire month of Fed. In remembrance of..................

None has any religion tries.

6. blkbutterfly41

Ratings:
    +483
    That's not totally true. What time frame ?? Which makes a big difference.

Much respect , Peace

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    The Spring Equinox is universal, regardless of culture

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    We don't know wether or not something great and awe inspiring had happened in Kemet, 2010 years ago, and
    the masons are keeping it secret

9. blkbutterfly41

Ratings:
    +483
    The point was and is not all western African culture celebrated the New years then.

And be careful not to get caught up in westernize practices to that extent. Before they were was "mason" where did the knowledge, rituals and practices came from ?? Solomons temple in history of Egypt. The things they did with the Kilt came from the high priest in Egypt.

Same thing just regurgitated and put a new title on it and call it "mason". Ironic too, cause the original purpose of the secrets was that it couldn't get into westernize/ caucasions hands. I guess it didn't work

They did what they do to all information. Throw a new twist on it and took something sacred and used it for their own purposes. Now, you can hardly recognize it. ( they added homosexuality in masory, they added torture and even slavery and made it just )

Be careful,

So I think based on what I know , anyway. Deepest respect . Peace bro.