Destee's Thoughts We Must Communicate!

I just gotta say it again ... the very act of our communicating ... our communing together ... no matter the content, no matter the challenges, no matter the differences, no matter the revelations, no matter anything else ... but the simple act of us going through the process ... is vital to us.

Let us not deter it, neglect it, or forsake it.

(lol ... i don't know where i got that from ... but it came from somewhere, and seemed so appropriate ... that deter it part ... lol)

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

No matter how difficult, challenging, painful, or upset we may get at whatever is revealed via our communicating ... we must do it ... we simply cannot forsake it ... we have to try to do it in the best of manners ... not become emotional ... not take things personal ... but simply exercise our ability to do it ... practice it, over and over again ... communicate.

I don't believe we can get to the next level without doing this, communicating, in the best of manners.

I Love Yall!

:heart:

Destee

Hi Family, Hi my Sister Destee
You are so right, my family celebrate Kwanzaa and before the
ending of the evening festival. We speak of how our ancestor
who were not allow to come together as a family, or even in a community
setting to speak of our likes and dislikes, I admit I do read the discussion
on the forum, but I'm not knowledgeable on a lot of the topics that
are discussed, so I'm learning and feeding from the ones who do. But the really wonderful
things about US being able to come together as a community is THAT WE CAN.
That’s why I support you sis, because in order for the message to be heard, we got
to have a place of meeting, and just let the pain, joy, and knowledge flow.

Now they have a holiday
Called Juneteenth it’s celebrated on June 19 here is one of the links http://www.texasjuneteenthusa.com/ .
We celebrates it here in Baltimore.
With stories, poem, dance, selling of goods, etc.

Just because they let us talk together, does not mean we are independent.
you made a very serious point here sis.

Peace and Love

Bluewater said:
Hi Family, Hi my Sister Destee
You are so right, my family celebrate Kwanzaa and before the
ending of the evening festival. We speak of how our ancestor
who were not allow to come together as a family, or even in a community
setting to speak of our likes and dislikes, I admit I do read the discussion
on the forum, but I'm not knowledgeable on a lot of the topics that
are discussed, so I'm learning and feeding from the ones who do. But the really wonderful
things about US being able to come together as a community is THAT WE CAN.
That’s why I support you sis, because in order for the message to be heard, we got
to have a place of meeting, and just let the pain, joy, and knowledge flow.

Now they have a holiday
Called Juneteenth it’s celebrated on June 19 here is one of the links http://www.texasjuneteenthusa.com/ .
We celebrates it here in Baltimore.
With stories, poem, dance, selling of goods, etc.

you made a very serious point here sis.

Peace and Love

Thank you sister Bluewater.

I am surprised more people dont know about Juneteenth.

In los angeles there are usually several community events in commemoration and periodically one group sponsors a Bayou Festival since a lot of families have roots from Texas AND Louisiana.

this still pleagues us to this very day. i remember when i bought my house some years ago and it was three black families that lived in this group of houses (i made the third one) one day i said to myself that it is a shame that i knew the neighbors on the left and right of me within days of me moving in but here it is almost a year and i didn't know the other two bruthas that was on my block.

so i said that i'm going to make the first move, one brutha he was willing to speak and talk and we got along just fine,but the one that stayed across from me was kind of stuck up. i tried several time to get to know him but it didn't work so i though maybe it was just his way.

well shortly after that a new white family moved in on the side of me and i had to shake my head b\c 2 days after they moved in this brutha came out his house, walked over to this guy's house, knocked on the door and introduced himself and talked for nearly 30 mins. and in leaving he told the guy "if you need anything, just let me know" i just stood in my front yard and stared at him as he walked "PAST" my house and back to his.

when he saw me looking at him he made sorry attempt to wave but i didn't wave back; i just went back to doing what i was doing and didn't give him the time of day from that point on. and that was about 7 years ago and i don't think i'm wrong b\c he has gotten to know several other people within days of them moving in since this has happend

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back