Destee's Thoughts We Must Communicate!

Discussion in 'Destee's Thoughts' started by Destee, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I am so moved in my Spirit regarding the fact that we were not allowed to communicate with each other in times past. I don't know if it was a written law, but it seems to be a well understood one, though i can't find lots of written evidence supporting it.

I want to start a discussion on this, because it may help us understand how very important it is for us to take full advantage of the great energies that come from our gathering together, simply to communicate with each other.

I've heard stories of how our Ancestors had to sneak and speak to each other at the well, or in the fields, or where ever they could. I've heard stories of how where there were 2 or 3 of us gathered together, the authorities were quickly called to break up the disruption caused by such.

I just posted a thread regarding slavery in Liverpool, and it mentions a statue that depicts 2 young African boys, with their backs to each other, indicating that they are not to communicate with each other. Below is that excerpt:

As a result of this weapon of mass destruction put upon us, it is no wonder that we struggle to communicate peacefully and respectfully with each other, in the best of manners. It is something that is relatively new to us, as all other people have been afforded this luxury forever. I am proud of us, this community, for the way we interact with each other. I am honored to know and have you all here, sharing and communicating. Thank you so much.

Please Family ... if you have stories regarding this devastation, other people controlling us to the point that we could not even speak together, please share them, as well as links, anything, everything that may help us see this picture more clearly.

I'm really looking forward to the communication! :)

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    Dang Destee, I was just thinking last night how we have a holiday to celebrate Independence Day(4Th of July), but what about a holiday to celebrate our Independence. Heck we even celebrate Mexican Independence Day.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Slowly ... we may not have a day to celebrate our independence, because we are not independent. How can we celebrate independence, when we must wait for others to save us? How can we celebrate anything, when we hold the bottom rung of every economic category known to mankind? How can we celebrate anything when we are dying daily from diseases and illnesses that others are being cured of? How can we celebrate anything when so many of our people are incarcerated at disproportionate rates all over the world?

No Brother ... it is not time for celebration of our independance yet.

Just because they let us talk together, does not mean we are independent.

We struggle to survive every moment of the day. We do not collectively live a life of ease, as other people do.

Our Beloved Elder, Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. says, that we are about the most celebrate'n partying people in the world, yet we have nothing to be celebrating and partying about ... if we'd only look at our condition. (i'm not quoting him exactly, but that's basically what he said).

No Brother ... don't pull out the party hats and confetti yet.

Hey ... Brother Slowly ... why don't you come into voice video chat? I'd love to be able to communicate with you there! :)

Destee

4. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm too shy!.. but one day soon,K. Well, not our Independence, but open slavery.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Slowly ... see ... here we do have something, the ability to communicate with each other ... something that our Ancestors were denied ... and we are too shy to use it??!! C'mon now Brother ... i'm not gonna accept that without a little bit of fuss'n ... :)

Our people are in too dire a straight, for any of us to be shy to use the resources we have at our disposal, for they may not always be with us. We are not promised tomorrow, and there's no telling what it will bring, if we do get to see it. We can't put off for tomorrow, what we can do today.

We need your wisdom, your Spirit, your energy, in all of our communications.

I'm gonna give you a little few minutes to get over that shyness ... but that's it! :nono:

I expect to see you in chat soon ... as a matter of fact ... Brother OldSoul will be teaching tonight @ 9 pm ET ... this setting allows for you to come in, just listen, you don't have to talk, don't have to type, just lend us your Spirit and energy! Please consider joining us ... i'll save a seat in the front row for you ... right next to me! :love:

Destee

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    I just gotta say it again ... the very act of our communicating ... our communing together ... no matter the content, no matter the challenges, no matter the differences, no matter the revelations, no matter anything else ... but the simple act of us going through the process ... is vital to us.

Let us not deter it, neglect it, or forsake it.

(lol ... i don't know where i got that from ... but it came from somewhere, and seemed so appropriate ... that deter it part ... lol)

Destee

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

No matter how difficult, challenging, painful, or upset we may get at whatever is revealed via our communicating ... we must do it ... we simply cannot forsake it ... we have to try to do it in the best of manners ... not become emotional ... not take things personal ... but simply exercise our ability to do it ... practice it, over and over again ... communicate.

I don't believe we can get to the next level without doing this, communicating, in the best of manners.

I Love Yall!

Destee

8. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi Family, Hi my Sister Destee
    You are so right, my family celebrate Kwanzaa and before the
    ending of the evening festival. We speak of how our ancestor
    who were not allow to come together as a family, or even in a community
    setting to speak of our likes and dislikes, I admit I do read the discussion
    on the forum, but I'm not knowledgeable on a lot of the topics that
    are discussed, so I'm learning and feeding from the ones who do. But the really wonderful
    things about US being able to come together as a community is THAT WE CAN.
    That’s why I support you sis, because in order for the message to be heard, we got
    to have a place of meeting, and just let the pain, joy, and knowledge flow.

Now they have a holiday
    Called Juneteenth it’s celebrated on June 19 here is one of the links http://www.texasjuneteenthusa.com/ .
    We celebrates it here in Baltimore.
    With stories, poem, dance, selling of goods, etc.

you made a very serious point here sis.

Peace and Love

9. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Thank you sister Bluewater.

I am surprised more people dont know about Juneteenth.

In los angeles there are usually several community events in commemoration and periodically one group sponsors a Bayou Festival since a lot of families have roots from Texas AND Louisiana.

10. darkreign

darkreign Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    this still pleagues us to this very day. i remember when i bought my house some years ago and it was three black families that lived in this group of houses (i made the third one) one day i said to myself that it is a shame that i knew the neighbors on the left and right of me within days of me moving in but here it is almost a year and i didn't know the other two bruthas that was on my block.

so i said that i'm going to make the first move, one brutha he was willing to speak and talk and we got along just fine,but the one that stayed across from me was kind of stuck up. i tried several time to get to know him but it didn't work so i though maybe it was just his way.

well shortly after that a new white family moved in on the side of me and i had to shake my head b\c 2 days after they moved in this brutha came out his house, walked over to this guy's house, knocked on the door and introduced himself and talked for nearly 30 mins. and in leaving he told the guy "if you need anything, just let me know" i just stood in my front yard and stared at him as he walked "PAST" my house and back to his.

when he saw me looking at him he made sorry attempt to wave but i didn't wave back; i just went back to doing what i was doing and didn't give him the time of day from that point on. and that was about 7 years ago and i don't think i'm wrong b\c he has gotten to know several other people within days of them moving in since this has happend