Black People : We men..... ain't we?

Kadijah

BANNED
Apr 7, 2013

[/quote]

Dave Chappelle lays it out here. What he tells Oprah about Hollywood is just toooo deep!

ADDENDUM:
LMAO! I didn't realize that was the title of the clip when I wrote the above: Too Deep! :lol:

Btw, this clip starts off like it might be homophobic. Keep watching. It's not. It's what the brutha says it is - an (inescapable) observation. At 4:14, Chappelle comes on, telling of his experience when he got a role in a movie with Martin and the sheer pressure that was put on him by the writer, producers, directors, everyone involved, to wear a dress in a scene that was not in the original script. And the best thing is he "acts" out the encounters word-for-word (at one point in the telling, he cracks the audience - and me the listener - up)! Please take note of the last few words spoken by Chappelle in this clip. IMO, they are what's "deep." Everything that precedes them digs the hole; his last few words lets you see into the abyss, that turned out to be, some would say - the bullet he dodged.

"You gotta take a stand."

NOTE: Will somebody please tell me how to embed a video such that it shows on this forum?!
youtube has a 'share' button. click that and copy the URL there.
when you are in edit here click the 'media' button on the upper right.
paste the youtube url in there.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back