Black People : We Have To Decide To Survive.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, Sep 18, 2003.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    What are our most pressing issues at the moment?
    How do we face them and solve them?

Is it getting our communities back on track? By that I mean, is it time to take our kids back and our streets? How?

Is it economic empowerment? According to stats, African-Americans are outpacing every other group in the USA at starting businesses... Should we develope certain kinds of businesses?
    What are the most profitable businesses that we already have throughout our communities?
    (Churches, Beauty Salons, Clubs????)

Is it time for us to develope general funds for our communities?
    Are government funds more important for us to acquire... or should we focus on raising our own monies and investing, etc?

Should we call on organizations like NAACP, Urban League, Congressional Black Caucus, etc... to come together...with Black Business Initiative Orgs. like Black Enterprise, Frasernet, Black Entrepreneurs to disseminate wealth building initiatives information to all of us?

Is it time to Demand that our Churches leverage the 60 billion dollars that they have collectively to help our communities?

How do we begin? A letter writing campaign...Hodee, said, and is correct, "I cannot do it alone." We have to work together...we have to use the resources that we already have at our disposal to do so. We have to have letter writers, we have to have street soldiers, we have to call meetings, we have to practice constructive communal resistance... and we have to learn to wield the powers that we possess.

Can We? What Do You Think?

2. soul_doctor73

soul_doctor73 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    It's going to take a new mindset. The above approach is a materialistic version. Although the mention of christian churches with over 60 billion in resources sheds significant light on the extent of their selfishness.

Should't be a single poor soul in all of the US of A with money like that. But christians are not compassionate enough, they are not selfless enough for such thoughts.

The first step is spiritual Unity. We have to organize from within before we can determine what our goals our 'without'. We have to actually start a campain to gather our forces and organize a grass roots effort.

It would mean that most of the members of such an effort would be serious and would act as a unit to weild the power that we possess.

We can. And all we need to do is brainstorm.

3. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    Doc,
    I agree with you. But, do you agree or not that we have to work on all the fronts at once?
    I believe that us becoming spiritually strong - again is the answer, and then other things will follow... but as I was asked, by a dear friend, I'll ask you, because I had no answer; "How many of us are willing to take the time to change our mindthink as a people-- to recommit ourselves to loving ourselves? We have begun to believe the hype, 'being poor is a sin,' and 'the only way to get acceptance is through economic empowerment as a community, even though we are the consumer for all the other communities who are experiencing that 'acceptance'..." He is right...
    And from the beginning on these boards I have preached that same thing over and over... obviously it does not compute.

Do you know the answer?

I hate to say it, but before we wield the spiritual power we had once again---black churches are going to have to start exploding in flames, black elites' stomachs will have to began grumbling for food etc... We have forgotten who we are...and we are beginning to die.

Yes, Black Churches have that kind of money; and many say that that is a conservative estimate. When this came out, some asked, "then why are you having trouble borrowing from banks?"

Of course the answer is obvious--- but my take is why not start a bank?

I agree with the selfishness of the churches... the church doors should be opened to any and all homeless, the church should be in the loan and community upliftment businesses... I looked around the communities of several Black Mega Churches and the communities are in dire need of repair... What is up with that.

Tell me how do you propose for us to become spiritually united?

How do you propose that we begin networking?

Again, believe me I have asked these questions many times before. And I don't know how to break the cycle of wanting acceptance over self and community viability.

4. Jay Rivers

Jay Rivers Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    ---I agree with you. But, do you agree or not that we have to work on all the fronts at once?

I think this is the problem here. So many of us all with different agendas on how to achieve success.

No solid common agenda. Some want to get into the gvt and try and make cahnge from within... some are calling for revolution... some think that change should be given by the gvt... some are out to get paid on their own. And rightfully so, if everyone thinks the same then there is no individuality.

Like the Panthers ,there were an element that really tried to initiate revolution and then there were allota guys that joined just so they could walk around with a gun and leather jacket.

5. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    What page of the KKK directory are you on?
    "Revolution"
    "Panthers"

Troll patrol...

okay, I had my fun with this 3-11 guy... Grown folks get on up in here!

6. Jay Rivers

Jay Rivers Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude, why do you keep accusing me of being a racist?!

Its like anything I write you always scream racist and KKK! I simply addressed the concearn of many of us with differnt agendas on acheiving success. And for that viewpoint you accuse me of racism??

(I presume youre a brotha) and Im just a brotha like you. If you don't like my opinion, fine. But does that warrant accusing me of being a racist! Is this youre response to other ideas by blasting them? If thats the case then thats why we as a people cannot "get it together."

Do we as a people discuss or just keep separated because one doesnt like what the other is saying?

Jay

7. soul_doctor73

Ratings:
    +2
    I spent a lot of time last night thinking about this before you put it into words. You are exactly right, and I will write a reply expressing my ideas as answers. I've got it all worked out in my head, I just have to put it down on paper. Er... screen.

Peace and Blessings, Sister.
    Love always.

8. soul_doctor73

Ratings:
    +2
    Happy69: Before we can begin to understand the full extent of what we must to and how to go about it, the 'we' in this equation must be known. As an answer to the question you were asked, and in turn asked me, I propose the following: Organize.

The question: "How many of us are willing to take the time to change our mindthink as a people-- to recommit ourselves to loving ourselves?"

The words 'how many' being the most significant factor. There is no real way to know if there is no mindthink to recommit ourselves to. So my idea evolved into a grassroots organization. One in which the basic ethos is supported by all. You mentioned some highly visible organizations which sparked my thinking, and even though all the groups you mentioned appear to have an ethos common to them all, they are not concerned with the 'mundane' things we are discussing. They have already established themselves in their respective roles, roles which exclude morality, poverty, and spiritual unity.

Now I understand that not all will agree in principle with me, but agreement is not the intent just yet, understanding is, and a mindthink that embraces all equally and strives for all to be equal might be something that can answer the question that was posed to you. I call it F.R.E.E.D.O.M.

Freedom
    Revolution to
    Establish the
    Egalitarian
    Deportment
    Of
    Mankind

The ethos of which is spelled out in the title itself, but I'll describe my philosophy. True freedom is unbound by pretense. Many of us consider ourselves to be 'free' right now, this very moment, until we begin to consider our obligations and responsibilities *and* our needs. Now for those of us who have jobs and money and no worry for tomorrow, we need not consider any of the above. But for those who have no money or very little, who must struggle to eat and keep a roof over their heads, they might not think of themselves as 'free' but oppressed.

All things being 'equal', poverty should be equal among all, as should wealth, as should power. But this is not the case, which gives rise to your topic of discussion, Happy69, the question you were asked, and now, my proposed answer.

Organizing 'FREEDOM' would be the first step towards understanding because it establishes a mindthink, and those willing to embrace it would have common understanding, from which common goals can be determined. The more people that get interested in Freedom, the more powerful the people of Freedom would become.

So what do you think?
    I tried to keep it short, I tend to ramble....

9. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    Jay, I did not read your post...and like you I will just assume what it says....the same oh thing that people like you say all the time.
    Just because you do not just come out and say what you mean, I think that I am pretty good at reading what people infer... and I myself am a hypocrite because I say and I do try not to deal with racists and their mental deformity...but sometimes the things inferred are so heinous that I cannot help myself... and I am not new to a common trash-like thread, when Black Americans gather to discuss issues that are imminent to them...and racists come in and try to redirect the threads...and sadly more times than not Black Americans fall into it, and get off topic and get nothing done... it is played out in society, it is played out in the workforce, it is played out on websites on the internet... sometimes, when I have free time I play along--- and even here on Destee.Com other Blacks get mad because I call out the racists... some good websites that were Black-owned died because inevitably Black Americans got tired of the tripe...and instead of trying to keep something going that is viable to the community it went by the waste-side and deservedly so... You may have been one of the gang members that helped that process along.... and there are others following...

See, I did it again!

Doc... come with the knowledge and let's see what we are thinking about.... I think that I have some good and simple--I love simplicity--ideas. But, I came to the conclusion about something just today--- I think that people like you and me and several others on these boards have no problems with self-love and love of our people... and don't think that it should be hard for us to love each other---but for some of us it is! So, what do you do? How do you handle it.

But, what we need is we have to start networking... you come up with ideas...and share and then we all have to be willing to take the info into our communities. We have to implore those in our communities who are heard (or rather have a voice) to speak for us, truthfully, to not take their own opinions and say that they are the communities, etc...

I wrestle with so much. But we can discuss that when time permits.

To All;
    We have to start this Family... we have to argue and hammer things out-- let our egos go and just do it. Join the Discussion...put your mind on the line.

10. soul_doctor73

Ratings:
    +2
    I love simplicity too, and as for simple, we do a membership drive. Query to see who is interested, network by email, communicate by forum.

As for how to handle Love, lead by example and the followers will too. But how to start? We already have, really. B.E.T. is merely the first reason why people would want to support an effort that calls attention to the issues ignored everyday.

True Freedom is the reason why *I'm* doing this. I'm advocating equal opportunity and equal rights for everyone. Egalitarianism, the likes of which our society and our leaders do not support nor allow for. The pretense is 'equality', but reality proves otherwise.

So I suppose the first thing we should understand is our reasons why. Mine is to give all men equal standing and the common people a public voice. Keeping it simple, because it is much more indepth than that. I'd also like to keep freeloading to a minimum. Numbers aren't important in my eyes, but people who are willing to stand up, speak, and fight if need be, are.

So what do you propose?