Black People : We Have To Decide To Survive.

happy69

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 3, 2002
What are our most pressing issues at the moment?
How do we face them and solve them?

Is it getting our communities back on track? By that I mean, is it time to take our kids back and our streets? How?

Is it economic empowerment? According to stats, African-Americans are outpacing every other group in the USA at starting businesses... Should we develope certain kinds of businesses?
What are the most profitable businesses that we already have throughout our communities?
(Churches, Beauty Salons, Clubs????)

Is it time for us to develope general funds for our communities?
Are government funds more important for us to acquire... or should we focus on raising our own monies and investing, etc?

Should we call on organizations like NAACP, Urban League, Congressional Black Caucus, etc... to come together...with Black Business Initiative Orgs. like Black Enterprise, Frasernet, Black Entrepreneurs to disseminate wealth building initiatives information to all of us?

Is it time to Demand that our Churches leverage the 60 billion dollars that they have collectively to help our communities?

How do we begin? A letter writing campaign...Hodee, said, and is correct, "I cannot do it alone." We have to work together...we have to use the resources that we already have at our disposal to do so. We have to have letter writers, we have to have street soldiers, we have to call meetings, we have to practice constructive communal resistance... and we have to learn to wield the powers that we possess.

Can We? What Do You Think?

It's going to take a new mindset. The above approach is a materialistic version. Although the mention of christian churches with over 60 billion in resources sheds significant light on the extent of their selfishness.

Should't be a single poor soul in all of the US of A with money like that. But christians are not compassionate enough, they are not selfless enough for such thoughts.

The first step is spiritual Unity. We have to organize from within before we can determine what our goals our 'without'. We have to actually start a campain to gather our forces and organize a grass roots effort.

It would mean that most of the members of such an effort would be serious and would act as a unit to weild the power that we possess.

We can. And all we need to do is brainstorm.

Doc,
I agree with you. But, do you agree or not that we have to work on all the fronts at once?
I believe that us becoming spiritually strong - again is the answer, and then other things will follow... but as I was asked, by a dear friend, I'll ask you, because I had no answer; "How many of us are willing to take the time to change our mindthink as a people-- to recommit ourselves to loving ourselves? We have begun to believe the hype, 'being poor is a sin,' and 'the only way to get acceptance is through economic empowerment as a community, even though we are the consumer for all the other communities who are experiencing that 'acceptance'..." He is right...
And from the beginning on these boards I have preached that same thing over and over... obviously it does not compute.

Do you know the answer?

I hate to say it, but before we wield the spiritual power we had once again---black churches are going to have to start exploding in flames, black elites' stomachs will have to began grumbling for food etc... We have forgotten who we are...and we are beginning to die.

Yes, Black Churches have that kind of money; and many say that that is a conservative estimate. When this came out, some asked, "then why are you having trouble borrowing from banks?"

Of course the answer is obvious--- but my take is why not start a bank?

I agree with the selfishness of the churches... the church doors should be opened to any and all homeless, the church should be in the loan and community upliftment businesses... I looked around the communities of several Black Mega Churches and the communities are in dire need of repair... What is up with that.

Tell me how do you propose for us to become spiritually united?

How do you propose that we begin networking?

Again, believe me I have asked these questions many times before. And I don't know how to break the cycle of wanting acceptance over self and community viability.

---I agree with you. But, do you agree or not that we have to work on all the fronts at once?

I think this is the problem here. So many of us all with different agendas on how to achieve success.

No solid common agenda. Some want to get into the gvt and try and make cahnge from within... some are calling for revolution... some think that change should be given by the gvt... some are out to get paid on their own. And rightfully so, if everyone thinks the same then there is no individuality.

Like the Panthers ,there were an element that really tried to initiate revolution and then there were allota guys that joined just so they could walk around with a gun and leather jacket.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back