Black People : We Have An Agenda- Read.

happy69

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 3, 2002
I have had today off- needed it; and I am catching up on some posted topics...

Last week I started post called African-American Agenda...
the usual people responded...and as I suspected it has died-that is okay, but in reading I have discovered that We do have an agenda--but We have to organize it! How to do it online, I don't know... or how do We organize as a group representing Our agenda-- if interested, someone will have to post on how We do it?

Queen started "If this was your daughter..." in Black Women's Forum; that speaks to Us about how We have let Ourselves believe that what they have is better...and the ill affects that it has had on Us and how it has brought Us to Our present day state.... And the Our educational state past and present

Gem started a post relating to "Our Complaints/"Blame-game" in BW Forum... Queen took it and made it her own...expressing Our rights to blame....not get mired in it and it, etc...

Destee started a post about her experiences at a "St. Patrick's Day Parade," in the Open Forum, which was enlightening... racists and racisms...but touched upon things of Our support of places and people who hate Us--a piggy back on Queen's thread... and dealt with issues of what I call the black man's demise of self(not a part of Our agenda, b/c people have a right to love whom and like they want), but it's there...

Kemestry started a thread on Political Action in the Open forum that speaks to ways We may attain the things we want through politician buying... it is a very interesting read with differing perspectives...but an important part of Us and Our Agenda.

BlackBird, said that he/she had posted similar topics with no responses and I am looking for it--sounds interesting...

Pan Africa, although I cannot give specific names of his topics that I have responded to; but they all speak to Us of where We are...and what We can do.

So, that is where We are at; I know that I may be getting on some of your nerves trying to push us together to use the resources that We have an abudance of...Our ability to think and create... I am starting to get on my own nerves because it is truth; "You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." And, besides, I can't make myself give up, yet, so I am going to be around for a while longer...hoping.

Will respond later

Sister Happy, I wanted you to know that I've read both of your latest threads and will respond later when I have more time. And, for the record, the issues you always raise are important for us to confront. If you get on some people's nerves when they read you, it's probably because you make them look at themselves more honestly than they ever would because they aren't doing anything and won't admit it.

Peace,
Queenie :spinstar:

P.S. As I look at the news today, it appears that Condoleezza Rice is being served up on a national platter and will be paying a serious price for sleeping with the enemy. More on that later too.

Sister Happy:

Your actions do not go unnoticed, and they are appreciated by those who care about the black community. One reality we have to face is that not everyone is interested in politics, which is reflected in voter turnout. Others feel that their level of understanding of political matters are not high enough to allow them to participate. Still others agree, but silently nod. I feel one of the sadest occurances in our community is the apathy of our leaders.

When most communities feel that their interest are not being addressed by mainstream politicians, they respond by electing one of there own to represent them & their needs. The problem with the black community is that we have already done that. There are numerious black politicians, but as you have stated on numerous occasions (as have I), our politicians for the most part have stopped working for us. As I have stated before, the "talented tenth" that WEB Du Bois envisioned has arrived, but they aren't working for the best interest of there community. This is frustrating...actually it is disgusting, because no community can advance without their best & brightest working for them.

The question though again is what can we do about this? We can't replace sellout Black CEOs or disbar Supreme Court Justices unfortunately, but we CAN vote corrupt & inept Black politicans out of office. We can also vote in people who will work for us, but we need dedicated brothers & sisters to step up to the plate. Who will this be? Why not you Happy69? You have the passion, the dedication, the intelligience!!!!!! I think you should run for a politican position, start small and work your way up. You should really consider this....I'd vote for you!

Thanks-

Queen and Pan-
Thanks so much for the big ups...I really appreciate it.
Yeah, I'm watching this about Condolezza... as I have said before; I feel more sorry for them and their positions; Do not believe for one moment that just because you are willing to be on their sides that you face less racism and humiliation. If you may recall right after the elections of 2000 they were calling for Powell to be fired because he didn't agree with something GW had said or done... and this plays over and over everytime he doesn't shuck and jive the way they want him too.

I feel even more so about Ms. Rice. Although there is something in her I just don't trust... This is a boon for her co-workers who never wanted her there in the first place--question: If they blow this out of porportion, like everything concerning "Black" people--will she be the sacrificial lamb?

PA-- I am not a politician and view it as something dishonest and distrustful.
You have to have a certain stomach for the work---I don't. But, thanks for saying it; I feel that you have it in you. Truly, I do; And others who post here.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back