Black People Politics : We have a Black President is Racism Over...

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by OnTyme, Nov 15, 2008.

1. OnTyme

OnTyme Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    You know I cried the night that Obama won the election...cried for the vindication. Cried for his wife, Michelle Obama...but I knew that yes in the pictures of all the presidents along the wall, a black face would be seen. At the same time I also was realistic about the entire thing...because it doesn't mean that we have conquered everything, we haven't stamped out every last bit of racism, or racial profiling in law enforcement, or any of the other things that we as blacks have to be constantly aware of. But I remember when man first took its steps on the moon, they said that it was small step for man and one giant leap for mankind.

Minutes after the victory of Obama was announced a church in Springfield, Ma, went up in smoke. Is Racism over? Is there going to be more than before, or is this an isolated event?

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

OnTyme,

No, racism isn't over, it should be, but it isn't over. Remember, Barack called for racial discussions here in America. So, that's were we are, trying to get comfortable discussing racial issues.

Who knows whether the incident is isolated or not? Before its over, this World is going up in smoke, its call the law of thermo-dynamics.

3. OnTyme

OnTyme Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree with you Clyde. I think if we let up or become complacent than we stand to lose a whole lot. And yes thermo-dynamic does state that all things have a tendency towards chaos. That is why I was so impressed with how Obama ran his campaign the level of organization was unmatched. We watched the Clinton political machine, and the old guard Republican machine collapse and end. I honestly think that if Obama runs the country anything like he ran his campaign we will have one of the greatest presidents in US history. They say racism is fueled by fear (still don't know if it is true), if that is the case perhaps he will give the whites such confidence that the fear that they have that has kept blacks suppressed will die. I mean we know that the system is a pyramid design where there are very few at the top, and the base is very broad. In order to narrow the base and widen the top it is going to have to take a lot of energy...

As for the church fire the coincidence is a little too close for comfort in my books.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

OnTyme,

Yes, racism is also fueled by ignorance, which is to say, lack of knowledge. The die-hard racists, however suffer from mental issues, meaning, no amount of information will retify the ill.

Is it Chaos or entropy by deterioration?

5. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    YOU KNOW IT'S NOT OVER, IT'S A NEW BEGINNING

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/15/national/main4607062.shtml?tag=topStory;topStoryHeadline

Read this article third graders were shouting kill obama. i don't know how accurate this accounts are but they it is a bad sign

READ the whole article you might miss something

another article

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...two_white_teens_arrested_in_alleged_elec.html

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Oh really???...

Sure doesn't seem to be working, Clyde. In fact, it appears to be getting much worse (considering the crimes that have not made headline/online news).

By the way, in the following sentence...
    If I may ask, who is the "we" to which you are referring? Even as a youngtser, I can not understand for the life of me how and why black folks are the only people in the world who want to mingle and join in with a people who hate us so much. They have made that clear on numerous accounts, but we just don't get it.

Maybe I should make like Bro. excel and start up a thread: help me to understand why we want so badly to unite and join with those who could care less about us!

KWABENA

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

KWABENA,

Yes, that was the mandate from Barack, in fact, its been the mandate for some centuries now, and will be the mandate for years to come.

Personally, I have a book for sale, Does Color Matter?, that I offer for the discussion. Also, we have a new project here, that we are working on as well, called, What is the Origin of Racism, that will enter the discussion, some day.

Anyone knowing me, will tell you that I don't look up to a mutant recessive, and they will tell you that I can prove what I am saying, these people that know me of course.

Also, I was for separate but equal, back in the day, not for integration, and continue to recognize that stark differences, of racism, flaws cross group relationships, eventually; but I welcome all humans to the Human Family.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
  9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page: