Black People Politics : WE HAVE (1) TRILLION DOLLAR BUYING POWER

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by HODEE, Mar 6, 2016.

1. HODEE

HODEE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +876
    We need to do more to support the Football Players that are now supporting kneeling.
    What could we do with all of our buying power?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Respectful Respectful x 1
    • List
  2. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +876
    Yes it is Political. CAUSE MONEY TALKS... B.S. :bs:WALK'S
    [​IMG]

This is why FOOTBALL in 2016 in general should be boycotted. I stated this before, for months, put an end to Television, Sports and Wasted BUYING POWER in general.
    ============================================
    BUT WE KNEW THIS (#1) FACT out of ( 10 ) Listed!!!
    WAY before 2012​
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...elsen-reports_n_1911111.html#gallery/252651/0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NO... instead, there will be rooting for the PAC12, MARCH MADNESS ...on down to the FINAL 4...
    Endless, Watching of the BASEBALL DISTRACTION.
    ROMAN COLISEUM...to a degree.​

I quit watch FOOTBALL in 2011. Dont watch Baseball, Basketball, could care less about the team, stats and players.
    Basketball.. our GAME, I saw them running down the court, then I switched the news off.
    ===================================================

Nielsen report confirms blacks watch more TV than any other group

http://thegrio.com/2013/09/27/nielsen-report-confirms-blacks-watch-more-tv-than-any-other-group/

Nielsen report confirms blacks watch more TV than any other group

theGRIO REPORT - The market research firm’s latest African-American consumer study, titled Resilient, Receptive and Relevant, details the need for corporations and marketers to connect with black audiences, who now have a buying power of $1...
    thegrio.com

[​IMG]

2016 puts it a lot higher over 1.1 TRILLION
    http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/02...nt-will-black-america-leverage-create-wealth/
    2016 Nielsen Report: Black Buying Power Has Reached Tipping Point, But How Will Black America Leverage it to Create Wealth?
    ========================
    According to a new 2013, report published by Nielsen, African-American viewers carry a lot of weight when it comes to audience and purchasing power.

The market research firm’s latest African-American consumer study, titled Resilient, Receptive and Relevant, details the need for corporations and marketers to connect with black audiences, who now have a buying power of $1 trillion and watch significantly more television than any other group.

The report found African-Americans favor programming with diverse casts, and that African-American women watch more television than men.

Top television shows perhaps unexpectedly include reality TV programs and Scandal.

More surprising, however, may be the lack of attention paid to the findings, which have been published for the last three years.

“It’s not only that the African-American audience watches more TV, but it’s substantially more – two hours over other groups,” Ron Simon, head curator at The Paley Center for Media, tells theGrio. “It’s known in the industry, but it certainly hasn’t gotten the attention I think that it deserves.”

==================================================
    List of sports teams in Louisiana

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_teams_in_Louisiana
    List of sports teams in Louisiana - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org

If I'm caught placing a bet on a game or watching TV news, or the Super Bowl.. its because the wings are provided and the drinks are free.

Let your dollars speak, because we are Invisible, when to comes to being heard, NO VOICE, cause we don't matter to them, and OF NO Significance to America.
    In another post. I stated this, Unless we help OURSELVES by re-directing, sometimes withholding our earned dollars, and stop participating in our own demise, we will be demised.
    ========================================

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +876
    As we live in this village (otherwise known as a community), we must learn how to prioritize our thoughts and our actions based on what is truly important.

We talk a lot about the circulation of the Black dollar in the Black community but it is difficult to create economic advancement for our communities if we are constantly spending our dollars unwisely outside our community.

Consider these statistics:

55 percent of African Americans are unbanked or under-banked meaning they do not have a bank account or the appropriate bank account (Federal Deposit Corporation Survey)
    "About a quarter of all Hispanic (24 percent) and black (24 percent) households in 2009 had no assets other than a vehicle, compared with just 6 percent of white households. These percentages are little changed from 2005." (Pew Research)
    "The median amount Black households reported saving on a monthly basis is $189, compared to $367 among White households.... [This is] the first time in a decade that African-American households have reported saving less than $200 per month." (Ariel Investments 2010 Black Investor Survey)
    "93 percent of our income is spent outside the community." Lee Jenkins, author of Taking Care of Business
    "Blacks on the average are six times more likely than Whites to buy a Mercedes, and the average income of a Black who buys a Jaguar is about one-third less than that of a White purchaser of the luxury vehicle." Earl Graves, Black Enterprise Magazine

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +876
    Bump!

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,582
    hard to mount a boycott when you have been brainwashed....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  6. Lunar Cycle

Lunar Cycle Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mexico
    Ratings:
    +170
    Even if such an amount was accurate (And by who's standard?) a trillion dollars in purchasing power is just that. More then a lot of second world nation states gross national debts. So what can we as a people purchase that would instantly or eventually significantly further our cause? Or did you mean that theoretically we as a people have a trillion dollars available to us? And in what form? Currency? Tangible assets? I feel your intent but notice how you had to bump your own thread? A viable solution to what's seen as a simple cure all is so complex and intertwining that it sits up there on the top shelf of our problems. Simply unreachable for now.

7. Lunar Cycle

Lunar Cycle Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mexico
    Ratings:
    +170
    I just realized I remarked negatively to a suggestion without offering a solution and for that HODEE I sincerely apologize. Only problem I don't have even a remotely plausible solution so I guess to save face I served up an unbelievably weak excuse and for that I apologize again. After much consternation and thought I figure if we all put our heads together as a collective maybe the membership can build a viable short/and or long term construct. I believe the solution to a multi faceted hurdle is to take one step at a time to build a solid foundation. Maybe it will never be added onto but what's to lose except time due to apathy? I'll start.

1. Black owned real estate holdings and a membership association to keep the membership up to speed in acquiring properties for investment via affordable home sales and rentals not using HUD as it's recommended business model.

2. A realistic non grant educational mentoring program independent of government control.

3. A self funded clearing house for small business opportunist avoiding government funding through traditional loan programs.

That's it for me, for now. Thanks for reading and again HODEE, my sincerest apologies.

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,459
    If we just tithed 10% to our financial future, we could own several big banks by the end of the decade