Black People : We Encourage Each Other Without Even Knowing

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

We encourage each other without even knowing. Oftentimes a Sister or Brother may be going through something, that only they know, heavy in their heart, on the edge, all of that ... and then they run into a Sister or Brother that is loving, kind, humorous, caring ... and it's enough to keep them encouraged for a few more minutes.

I'm just saying.

Let's not under-estimate the respectful gathering of ourselves together.

Your kind words may be the difference between life and death for another, and you're not even aware.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    I get/keep encouraged by simply coming to this website. Some times I feel perplexed by some of the things other say/make comments that are not in support of us. Embracing our opponents, in favor of them, instead of our goals.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Yes Brother Corvo ... this community has kept me encouraged many a day! For years I have spoke of the ENERGY OF US, the power created by the respectful gathering of ourselves. Then add to that, the individual encouragement that may come from one or another within the group. Get your calculator out now, 'cause we finna add even more ... for there are oftentimes many being encouraged that simply just read and/or witness the manifestation of peaceful and respectful engagements, wisdom, knowledge, and encouragement amongst our people, and they never chime in and say they've been moved, but they have. We never even know about them.

Yes, this community has been very encouraging to me, even the diverse opinion found here, encourages me. It gives me evidence that it is a collective effort, not just me, not just you, but all of us. With that being the case, there will be the occasional one that rubs us wrong, but for the sake of providing such a space to all of us, it's a small price to pay.

I must add though, while it has overwhelmingly been encouraging to me, it has been discouraging as well. I suppose if all i had to do was sign in, read, post occasionally, it would not be so difficult ... but i have much more than that to do, to keep it here ... and there has been quite a few discouraging moments over the years. In spite of that though, i'm obviously more encouraged than discouraged, for i'm still at it, still trying to keep us alive, still trying to keep a place for us like this, where we can encourage each other and all those who pass our way.

I wish i had more help, but i guess folk in hell want ice water too ... :look:

I heard this Sister say today, that she is all about self. She doesn't care about anyone else, not the poor, obama, no one, except self. Only her and her own. And it really struck a nerve in me. I thot, wow, what a novel concept. Why didn't i think of that? Why didn't i go that way? Why am i concerned about not only myself, but others too? I'd probably be better off if i had done that. I began second guessing myself, my life, etc., and it began to make my heart heavy. Like i've made some terrible mistakes.

Then ... i read your post above ... and i'm encouraged all over again ... :love:

Thank You!

:heart:

Destee

4. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Yes sister, It is easy to get overwhelmed at times. when people use to asked me, how I was doing? I would say, up and down, up and down. Now I answer, working on it. There is so mush to do, That is what overwhelms me these days.

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Truth!

Love you, too, Destee. :love:

6. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    What a SUPERB post, with regard to the manner in which some posters on Destee encourage and INFORM, in that I literally still haven’t found the time to read through all of the very very interesting and informative factual information that I have gathered from Destee!

In the so very very challenging 21st century isn’t ingesting, digesting and then rationally evaluating exactly how to move forward, strategically vital if we are EVER going to fulfil our responsibility to our enslaved ancestors [and their siblings who were tortured, mutilated and murdered for NEVER EVER surrendering/being BROKEN] to stop the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of over 500 years duration, continuing to be WHAT IS?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE!