Black People : We Didn't Mean No Harm

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Oct 18, 2008.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    After a month news reports still raise a question about whether Brandon McClelland's death was intentional (yeah righ, we just tied him to the back of our truck and dragged him around a little bit to have a little fun. We didn't reckin he was gonna haul off and die on us. Darn nigras, ain't no teling what they'll have a mind to do). This man was lynched last month right here in the town where I live.

We need a new definition of hate crimes. To say a man cannot be lynched by friends is like saying a woman cannot be raped by a date.

Read the whole story in the Paris News
    http://theparisnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=1e587530f40291f6
    http://theparisnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=db75cb35f5cc56d9

and the Chicago Tribune
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-pariskilling,0,977683.story

I was getting ready to take my morning walk when I got wind of this story. I decided to stay in the house and dance.

When the Shaquanda Cotton story was hot at the Cicago Tribune last year folds were asking how we could live in a place like this. I asked them you mean there's no racism where you live?

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i thought i had heard that mentioned.

3. mizwrite28

mizwrite28 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Peace,
    A few of my brothers came out to your town to cover the story for the Final Call. It was a very hurtful thing to hear but more so it was angering. And how do you unintentionally tie a person to the back of you car and drag them to their death.

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Peace sister,

It is all legal mumbo jumbo. This has happened before remember that guy went drinking with some white cats he thought was his friends and they dragged him around with their truck til his head came off.

ill go and read the story in the Final Call if I want to hear the truth cuz the Chicago Tribune has been boycotted by Black Chicagoans for the last twenty years because of racism so what they say about Paris, Texas is just salt calling flour white.

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    When i read about our people being done like that, it makes me wonder about all the others who have been done in some hateful, nasty way. The ones who never even make the headlines. All those poor babies, fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters.

Protesting is not going to work in these days and time, but i bet boycotting their pockets would put the fear of God in 'em. You know how they worship their monies.

:heart: