Black People : We Demand A Chocolate City.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    [​IMG]

I'm not just talking about a city dominated and controlled by Black folks. More emphasis on the "chocolate" part. Ray Nagin had the right idea, but there is another area of concern he never mentioned.

More than 50% of the world's cocoa beans are produced in West Africa. Ghana and the Ivory Coast to be exact.

According to the European Fair Trade Association, farmers get barely 5 percent of the profit from chocolate, whereas trading organizations and the chocolate industry receive about 70 percent. This means that producers get only 5 cents from every dollar spent on chocolate, while the companies get 70 cents - 14 times more!

http://wheatonfairtrade.wordpress.com/facts-about-fair-trade-and-the-cocoa-industry/

America is the world’s largest chocolate consumer.
    [​IMG]

It is estimated that America spends $13 billion a year on chocolate.
    http://www.chicagofairtrade.org/abo...y-unfulfilled-promises-of-the-cocoa-industry/

The fact that child slaves are used in the harvesting of cocoa beans in Cote D'Ivoire, the world's major supplier of cocoa, is undisputed. The US State Department estimates that there are approximately 15,000 children working on cocoa, coffee, and cotton farms in the Cote D'Ivoire. In June 2001, the ILO also reported that trafficked child labor was used in cocoa production in West Africa. Media reports have unveiled stories about boys tricked or sold into slavery, some as young as nine years old, to work on cocoa plantations in Cote d'Ivoire. ILRF has verified these reports through our own independent investigations conducted in 2002 and 2003, and has interviewed children who have escaped from the cocoa plantations.

The cocoa bean industry is a BILLION dollar business. Meanwhile...back on the other plantation.

[​IMG]

Let's connect the dots here. What would happen if Africans in America demanded a cease and desist of West Africa's cocoa bean slavery? And instead worked hard along with native Africans to create a better cocoa bean economy that instead of raping Africans and making Europeans richer, it would empower the African global nation? Pipe dream?

P.S. Cocoa beans are the health cure for just about everything that Africans in America die from...minus the Police.

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    um

sad to say i think we all know what would happen

and if that didn't happen

corruption would work its' way in because as long as we speak

capitialism which is based on the "individual"

somebody will always feel they need more and want more

than the next person

3. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Lets face it.
    If in africa they dont have resources things are bad.
    If they do things are worse. We just fight, rape and kill each other to get control over it.

4. smalllady

smalllady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7

:qqb013:

What in the world are you talking about?!

5. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Even hundreds of years latter still enslave our own people to collect resources.

Coca beans, diamonds etc...

6. smalllady

Ratings:
    +7

Scratch that I understand now...

7. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Is that the mayor of New Orleans eating that chocolate?

Astrologer4U

8. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    I think I can follow what you are saying Bro. Steve69. When Africans have the resources things are worst- because that means Europeans would be interested in that nation or country. And we would also fight and kill each other to gain control of those resources.

I'm not sure if it's irony or poetry that our Ancestors killed themselves literally picking cotton, and African youth are like the #1 consumer for white cotton T-shirts-

[​IMG]

and I'm talking about the heavy duty cotton shirts, not the thin ones made by Hanes that come in a 3-4 pack.

If anything we know that slavery was a business. And we should also know the business of slavery never died, it's still alive- everyday this system is making a slave. A consumer instead of an investor. When we begin to think as investors instead of consumers we begin to see a much bigger picture. Every-time we buy something we are first "investing" in that company even before we consume the product.

If people like Dr. Kamau Kambon really wanted to exterminate white people, all we have to do is stop coffee production world wide. Notice they'll threaten anything else globally- peanuts, spinach- even beef- but never coffee. They'll even drink cat poop as coffee- they call it Civet coffee.

Coca beans are one of perhaps millions of products that Africa is raped for. Of course by now more Black business men/women in America should've been able to do more international deals with Africa. However the coca industry is too big, just as big as the diamond industry and just as dangerous in that respect. Trying to take that away from Europeans will not be like taking chocolate from a baby.

My main point here is that if Reparationists really wanted to target companies for reparations for slavery they would go after those who are committing such crimes currently. The chocolate companies would be a start.

Demand a chocolate city.

9. smalllady

Ratings:
    +7
    WOW I guess when white men say they like the chocolate they aren't just talking about black women.