Black People : We Can Begin Right Here- Ten Ways.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, May 14, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Many of Us feel frustrated and alone in Our struggles to see Our Communities Uplifted where they should be. We all ask the same questions over and over and over--in different ways. I think that sometimes We don't recognize the tools that We have at Our disposal.

First, We could and should rely on Our Own History of Perserverence.
    Those people who died for Us-Their Blood should not have been given in vain.

Second, We are going to have to relearn to love Ourselves and Each Other; and if You find doing that to be hard-Fake It Until It Becomes Real.

Third, We have to Weed Out those Who look like Us--but are detrimental to Our progress and Our health--mental, emotional, physical, economic... If you need some examples: Congressional Black Caucus, Black Known Republicans, Black Writers of "N***** Edites" John McWhorter, Larry Elders, etc... Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc... We have to rid Ourselves of Slaves and Shackledom Once and For All... All of these people, in one degree or another are on somebody's plantation; the price they pay to go to parties is to sell Us out... add to the list many African-American Entertainers... sports, etc... Our Own Criminals...these MFs hurt Us.

Fourth, Re-Learn ThanksGiving. While there are so many UnSung heroes in Our Family; I think that We must learn to recognize those of Other Races who gave too. While I understand all too well how easy it is to fall back on the hatreds and angers that many Others Use against Us; and return it back to them... We have to stop doing that. Playing that game does not put Us on an even playing field, or make Us better; in fact it makes Us worse and lower... it is a dogs game that cowards and liars play. We cannot be righteous that way. So, while We revere Our Fore Parents and Family; We can at the same time acknowledge those Who may have helped them. I have a contemporary example: Andre' Agassi; the Tennis Player. Here is a guy who has taken on the task of opening and running a school for Our kids.
    Our Kids who had been deemed incompetent, unlearnable... and turned many of them around. Why do We not talk about him? There are many brothers and sisters Out there too, who have taken on the task, like Thomas El... All I am saying is let's give each and all credit. I know that some help to keep Us separated from them and theirs. That is okay too. Like many of Our HBCU's were funded by Whites who just didn't want Us around their kids... but what a trick, When We took what was given, f*** the reason and churned out Leaders ... and an educated class...and still are.

Fifth, Support those of Our Community who give back to Our Community. This ties in with number four. We have to learn to choose who to regale. I do not think that anyone should be forced into helping the Community. I don't think that We should have to ask. If they want to help; in any way, they have to do so. I mean, as much as I like Micheal Jordan, what has he done for Our Community? Should We continue to buy $200 shoes for Ourselves and Our kids...supporting him, When he doesn't support Us? In this too, I mean, your local community activist; they guy down the street who takes Out time with Our kids, coaching , teaching them to read, etc...

Sixth, Pool Resources.
    You want things. We can have everything We want and need, if We learn to pool resources.

Seventh, Start small and build Our Communities back up. Start with Clean-Up; sometimes it ain't where you living, but how you living--- no one has to live in Trash. Hold onto what We already have. If We take care of where We are and keep it, and buildup; We can Combat Gentrification and Marginalization. You want your own business. If you have to start at home.
    Karl Kani started in his apartment. FUBU started in college dorm rooms.

Eighth, Exercise Restraint. Stop helping up others. They don't help Us in any way. Stop shoveling in $800 billion dollars into a country that doesn't appreciate Us; let another group take over that stat.

Ninth, Take Back Our Kids. Teach Our Kids.

Tenth, Share what works and what doesn't; give reaching Out to Our Community a chance.

2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Happy69...
    First let me commend you on a script well written and recieved. I'm down with it 98%...can I get back with you on question number 4 ?? just need a minute or two to think about that one. I'm in hope that many read this if not all. But I shall return in discussion about this, so glad you brought these 10 points up, ...now here come the replys.... :look:

3. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    THINK OUT OF THE BOX.. Thanks Happy for bringing this

We do have to take back our neighborhoods and children. A single seed starts with a single spout. Then a stem, then other leaves follow.

Happy, you always bringing the truth. I like all of your suggestions.

Could we pool by starting a trust?

Placing funds in a bank, that we get low interest loans to build from. Find black owned banks, or lending institutions and raise them up, in return they raise us up.

I am making it today, because I have friends that look out for me. They came into my life becuase of my blessing I know. They aren't black. That I never had or will never have a problem with. All out there aren't against us and here to use us.

We need to practice and stress practicing reading and studying the law, and techniques my friends tell me about and are using. We need to teach and learn to do research on subjects of interest. Then applying what we learned to move forward individually and collectively.

I practice this. I want something. Be it a house. So I start saving as much as possible to achieve that goal, then I went and asked. You will be surprised how many doors open when you ask.

I come sincere, and they can see that.

The reality of my request may be funny ( laughable, or it may seem I'm not ready for what they said are the requirements to qualify ) , or may not measure up to what is needed to qualify, but doors opened becaused I asked.

My first home. Was a four bedroom townhouse. I went out looking and I saved seven thousand from taxes and denyed myself some other wants ( not needs ) . I went to the bank and submitted my credit, it wasn't the best, it was strong enough and clean.

( The key is cleaning up the credit, its who you are and your name is tied directly to it ) I told them I needed to borrow a hundred and ten thousand dollars for a house I found and liked.

The lady told me I didn't qualify for that. I then asked ( what can you do for me ) how much did I qualify for? ( She looked at me and said ninety thousand ). She did explain I had to take a negative loan to qualify, and I did.

That means all I paid a month didn't pay the monthly amount due, some went to the rear of the loan. ( its called a negative amortization loan ) ( it allows you to qaulify for more than you can afford ) ( My attitude is you gotta pay sometimes to play ). Just don't get into a loan where you can't pay the entire balance, never accept a pre-payment penalty.

I took the loan gaurantee and went to a realtor. I went to a realtor I never met. I sat down. I told him I had a house I wanted and that the bank gave me a promissary note for a loan. I needed ten percent down and closing cost. That would have been nine thousand and points of several thousand and some admin fees. Approx: 12 to 15 thousand.

I didn't have it I had seven thousand. He looked at me and my determination, and then GOD moved.

He opened his drawer and said here is a program. With only seven thousand I got that home. It has worked for me in countless situations. God has moved.

So its how you live and carry yourself. Trust GOD listen to him, ( peace be still : sit and hear him speak. ) and treat others good. Today I still move by the same measure. Today I have borrowed over three hundred thousand, my credit cards and cars are paid for, and I have some monies in the bank.

Bottom line Live right! Do right and listen to GOD! He never abandoned us. He is always with us. I have seen him move folks when they were clearly in my way.

In many states HUD has $1 dollar homes. Ask about them. You don't get unless you ask. I got my sister one, I had one when I was teenager.

I'm with you happy on these changes and what it would take to move forward. If you have a trust issue and we do. Go to www.seliger.com and ask the church to apply for some of these grants for homes. Bring many of these grants into fruition, I believe we need to do this. It's reality. You can trust them, ( the church, plus they are already 501C the status required to apply for the grants. Give them your money and start a fund to get a proposal written ) and work with them to bring about the grants and run the centers and technical institutions these grants afford. ( GOD SENT ME THIS INFO TOO )

FALSE MYTH : The Government is against US.

Look at what they do ( have here for all to apply and use ) (they give away money all the time its built into the law. Whites know this, Koreans and others know this. We don't know because we don't read and search out things and the truth. This is why I said earlier ...All out there aren't against us and here to use us. We need to practice and stress practicing reading and studying the law. We also need to drop that attitude of thinking within the box. I kicked my box apart at an early age ) here at www. seliger.com ( go to free grant info and register, check all the boxes and get them in your mail box every month ) and come back and tell me I'm lying. :yo:

The money figures keep me flowing and knowing its out there. So I thirst and take a drink when I can. My church is using and know of these grants and I am going to get involved now to be sure thay increase the flow. It's TIme.

What u gonna do with it?

Plus SHARE what you know then you will have room for GOD to increase your blessing. He never blesses selfishness, he knows you wouldn't share where the wealth was if he showed you.

4. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    By all means, take your time and do what We do best...think. Take it apart and give it back to me.... talk... The hesitation that comes with this is expected and understandable. But, just to clarify, I understand how many in Our community feels... We get burned so much...We run from sparks...But turning into THEM is the wrong way. We never Used to have to fake Righteousness...We were...today, We cannot say that, now can We. I am speaking from the standpoint of a people who have made so much lemonade from lemon We gagging on it; it is not the time now to stop drinking though.

5. happy69

Ratings:
    +5

Hodee, thanks for bringing some much needed info here - as usual. I have come to the conclusion that Our mistrust of others is justified. Some of Us can't seem to see the forest for the trees. But, many of Us are Proud people who don't want nothing from anyone...because We are so many times the scapegoats for being needy.
    There are decent and fair-minded people everywhere...sometimes you don't know that they are there. I have been told so much in my life that " don't know how to ask for help." I know that much of that comes from the pride instilled in me, literally from birth; and from not liking to owe anyone; that is not a comfortable place for me. Again, I think that most of Us are like that. Plus, so much of Our dealings with others has been painful. We have to allow Ourselves to heal from this.

Your suggestions about pooling resources in banks, etc... are right on target.
    Do you remember when I threw the $1 dollar to $5 a month theory around... and the billions that the undercounted 34 million of Us could raise in a year; and how such funds could be used to build and repair schools; take care of Our HBCU's, provide training centers, and used for low rate and no rate business loans in Our communities?

Hodee, as usual, you are so right. We just have to start.